Author Topic: McDyess (merged threads)  (Read 10529 times)

Re: McDyess is now available
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2008, 03:14:02 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
McDyess is going to the Pistons.
  One of the announcers at the Pistons and Sacremento game said Joe Dumars told some press that McDyess wants back in the Pistons organization in Dec.

Re: Any word on Mcdyess?
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2008, 03:24:44 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i really don't want him. i think that leon powe should be getting minutes.

Re: McDyess is now available
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 03:29:13 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
We need to stop with the growth-stunting stuff.  The the goal is to win the title this year.  If there is a player the Celtics can sign that would improve their chances, and would only sacrifice the roster spot of the 15th player on the team, or lead to a 2 for 1 trade instead, so be it.

If a player is going to be a good NBA pro, it's going to happen no matter how much playing time they get early in their career.  It's true there's no subsitute for game experience, but the more mature the player becomes, the less game experience they'll need to improve.

That being said, I still think there's about a 99% chance McDyess returns to the Pistons.  But that would go for any veteran that the Celtics could theoretically pick up to improve the team.  You don't worry about stunting a younger player's growth.  If they're that good of a player, if anything it could work out to the Celtics advantage by being able to resign a guy like Powe or Davis at a good deal because they didn't have the minutes and numbers to command a big money contract.