Author Topic: Welcome to the Other Sports Forum  (Read 38695 times)

Welcome to the Other Sports Forum
« on: November 10, 2008, 01:47:53 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Use this forum to talk about all sports other than basketball.  We have subforums for baseball, football, soccer, and hockey.  Have fun!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 02:12:27 PM by Roy Hobbs »

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Welcome to the Other Sports Forum
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 01:50:52 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Since the Off Topic forum can get cluttered from time to time, and because we already have football and baseball forums, we decided to start an "other sports" forum, where folks can discuss the NHL, racing, boxing, MMA, soccer, etc.

Have fun with it.  I know we're creating more and more subforums, but this hopefully helps everything stay organized.

at last, a place where i can discuss slamball!

just kidding :)

as someone who would defintly like to talk soccer and MMA, this should be a fun new forum

(also, slamball is actually kind of fun to watch, anyone catch the championship game last weekend?)

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 01:54:02 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
Since the Off Topic forum can get cluttered from time to time, and because we already have football and baseball forums, we decided to start an "other sports" forum, where folks can discuss the NHL, racing, boxing, MMA, soccer, etc.

Have fun with it.  I know we're creating more and more subforums, but this hopefully helps everything stay organized.

as someone who would defintly like to talk soccer and MMA, this should be a fun new forum

(also, slamball is actually kind of fun to watch, anyone catch the championship game last weekend?)

Now if the leaders of CB were as funny as I am (leaving humility aside for a moment), they'd quickly rename this forum the "Other Sports Except Slamball Forum".   ;D

Soccer galore is my prediction -- with a sprinkling of hockey. 
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 01:55:04 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think this thread should be sent to Jeremy Jacobs, just so he can see where his management has led the team that was once #1 in Boston...it is now in the same sentence with MMA (I don't even know what that is), soccer, and racing.  So sad.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 01:56:01 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I think this thread should be sent to Jeremy Jacobs, just so he can see where his management has led the team that was once #1 in Boston...it is now in the same sentence with MMA (I don't even know what that is), soccer, and racing.  So sad.

Mixed martial arts.

So true, though.  I'd love to have a Bruins forum, but we get about three threads per season.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 01:58:45 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Mixed martial arts.

So true, though.  I'd love to have a Bruins forum, but we get about three threads per season.

as much as i dislike jacobs, and think he's a horrid owner, i will say, that bruins team plays hard for each other and thier coach.

They might not be the most talented team, but they are, to use a generic term, scrappy.

ya know what? bruins thread time.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 01:59:33 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Mixed martial arts.

Just keep winning Bruins...Some day you'll have separation from the bocce lovers threads
Yup

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 02:06:54 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown

Mixed martial arts.

Perhaps you could do a combined forum of hockey and great current day boxers.

Do you think college hockey or the Bruins will get more attention?

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 02:08:54 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Great stuff, there'll be a fair amount of participation from me here for sure when it comes to Soccer, Boxing, Tennis and pretty much all sports.

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 02:24:02 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Is there where we can discuss competitive Rock-Paper-Scissors?

http://www.worldrps.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 02:27:08 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
Is there where we can discuss competitive Rock-Paper-Scissors?

http://www.worldrps.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Now that is funny!!

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 02:52:25 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

I saw that on TV and couldn't believe it was still around, I thought that thing was dead a few years ago.

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 04:40:05 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

I saw that on TV and couldn't believe it was still around, I thought that thing was dead a few years ago.

apparently its HU-UGE in Europe (not kidding) and has a fanatical following there.

They brought them back stateside for the championship.

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 06:36:20 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'm excited. We finally found a home: ;)

Raw game threads start tonight. :P
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird