Author Topic: Boston Celtics (5-1) at Pistons (4-1) 11/9  (Read 28656 times)

Re: Boston Celtics (5-1) at Pistons (4-1) 11/9
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2008, 08:44:06 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
the bench is completely outplaying the starters right now.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2008, 08:46:40 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
the bench is completely outplaying the starters right now.

offensively very much yes, but i think that the starters are still playing very good defensively. any other team would have been down 20 points if they started with this same lack of offense.

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2008, 08:47:46 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
good to see Eddie Houses shot falling a little more tonight too.
Greg

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2008, 08:55:14 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i just looked again, and TA is the only person that played without a TO. (besides walker who didn't touch the ball)

« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2008, 09:37:15 PM »

Offline KevinGamble

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • MWMWMWMWMWMW

[/quote]Guys like Felger,D.Marshall that haven't got a direct link to the Celtics such as either being a native New Englander or played a professional sport in Boston areas do not carry the same level of info or spirit as say Max who was a Celtic at one time or Tommy.Some of these announcers get these jobs and become very critical of the home teams or just cant relate to what is needed to be said for us fans who know  a lot of history of the teams and do not need to be told over and over(Marshall).
[/quote]

On the commentary:
I disagree.  Max really wasn't doing much for me.  He doesn't have the passion for the team, and neither does Felger.  I like a little more bias for the Celtics and Marshall does a better job of recapping plays from a Celtics perspective by far.  Speaking of Felger...

Geez, Felger really doesn't believe what he says, and I don't think he really listens, either.  He just sticks to three (or less) talking points which are usually trashing some unconventional player like TA or Iverson.  It seems like someone is paying him to pretend to like basketball...oh yeah...

He made me miss Tanguay, and Max made me miss Tommy and Couz.

Go Celts!
"You're skating on pretty thin ice around here, McGee!"
"Sounds like the ice's problem."

2 for the Show!
GO CELTS!

« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2008, 10:09:37 PM »

Offline The Incredible Hulk

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14

On the commentary:
I disagree.  Max really wasn't doing much for me.  He doesn't have the passion for the team, and neither does Felger.  I like a little more bias for the Celtics and Marshall does a better job of recapping plays from a Celtics perspective by far.  Speaking of Felger...

Geez, Felger really doesn't believe what he says, and I don't think he really listens, either.  He just sticks to three (or less) talking points which are usually trashing some unconventional player like TA or Iverson.  It seems like someone is paying him to pretend to like basketball...oh yeah...

Go Celts!

Max was great tonight... He's no Tommy Heinsohn, but a giant upgrade over Donny Marshall.

Donny Marshall is the worst color commentator in the league. I think Donny is great in studio, though and that's where he should be.

I agree about Felger.

« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2008, 10:33:11 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2008, 10:47:49 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

On the commentary:

Go Celts!

Max was great tonight... He's no Tommy Heinsohn, but a giant upgrade over Donny Marshall.

Donny Marshall is the worst color commentator in the league. I think Donny is great in studio, though and that's where he should be.

I agree about Felger.

Yeh, Max & Gorman work well together (of course Gorman works well with anyone).  I'd love to see more Max.

Who did the radio gig for Max tonight?
Yup

« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2008, 10:59:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

On the commentary:

Go Celts!

I agree about Felger.

Yeh, Max & Gorman work well together (of course Gorman works well with anyone).  I'd love to see more Max.

On radio Max is a giant homer, but that's a radio audience, what does one expect? But tonight it seemed he went out of his way to be impartial, especially regarding the officials calls. It was refreshing and I think if he were to do it long term he could mix the two personas and become a great compliment to Mike Gorman.

« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Very impressed by TA. Good offense and defense.

KG has really had some bad shooting nights this year. Little suprised by that.

Just think how good this team would be with fewer turnovers and some better foul shooting (Powe, Perkins, Rondo).

« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2008, 11:21:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Very impressed by TA. Good offense and defense.

KG has really had some bad shooting nights this year. Little suprised by that.

Just think how good this team would be with fewer turnovers and some better foul shooting (Powe, Perkins, Rondo).
I don't know if that would have changed what happened in Indy that night. That team was tired from the late night travel and early morning arrival to Indiana and I think they still would have lost that game. But man their wins would have all been complete blowouts if they had been shooting better.

« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2008, 11:32:01 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
So true about the blowouts. Isn't fun to have your team at 5-1 and still realisticly seeing areas that can be improved?

« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2008, 12:25:18 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
ha, ha. good point on mcdyess.

if he is watching this game he may be rethinking that "hand shake" with detroit.

if he really wants to retire with a championship ring this year, he had best sign with the celtics.

i don't want him.

do...do you hate winning?  ;)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2008, 12:43:04 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

On the commentary:

Go Celts!

I agree about Felger.

On radio Max is a giant homer, but that's a radio audience, what does one expect? But tonight it seemed he went out of his way to be impartial, especially regarding the officials calls. It was refreshing and I think if he were to do it long term he could mix the two personas and become a great compliment to Mike Gorman.

Max was fun. Kinda low volume, but lots of fun to listen to. It's nice that he can be entertaining without being overcome by homerism like Tommy.

Tommy is great in the studio because he has time to cool down after calls he didn't like. If Tommy could keep it under control while doing color, he would be great too. But his overwhelming homerism has left me longing to see Max groomed to take his place. While I like Donny, I prefer someone who is part of the Celtics tradition... unless we can get JVG.

Max is also someone non-Celtics fans watching league pass can enjoy as an oddity, like Frazier for the Knicks.

« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2008, 08:35:19 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Ah, while we're dreaming: Add Dice and a perimeter shooter.

;D

Almost perfection.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."