Author Topic: NBA League Pass  (Read 2044 times)

NBA League Pass
« on: November 07, 2008, 05:52:49 PM »

Offline dj23

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
I am a rabid Celtics fan living in Albany, NY. I have watched Celtics games with NBA League Pass for the last couple of years. This year the games are blacked out. Can anyone make any sense of this policy? Regular Celtics broadcasts are not available in this area and I am well beyond the 150 mile range that they cite in their blackout policy. My cable company hasn't got a clue and the NBA hasn't responded to my email inquiry.

Any suggestions on how to rectify this situation would be greatly appreciated. It is going to be a long, cold winter if I can't see my favorite team.

Re: NBA League Pass
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 07:51:25 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I'm a DishNetwork subscriber, and haven't heard confirmation that they will offer LeaguePass this year. Last I heard, the two sides were in negotiations, but nothing had been finalized.

Perhaps your cable provider is going through the same situation?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Re: NBA League Pass
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 09:16:20 PM »

Offline lrybrd

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
dj23 . . .

I live in the Albany, NY area and I had the same problem.  I have some bad news for you.  After ranting for a half-hour earlier this week, I finally got an answer from a Time Warner supervisor.  I was told that Time Warner recently bought NESN (which carries the Celtic games) and NESN has a policy of blacking out games in its area.  Somehow, NESN has characterized Albany as in its area given Time Warner's purchase of it.  So, all games will be blacked out in Albany this year.  I told them that the only reason I bought League Pass was to get Celtic games.  They refunded me the fee for League Pass (great) but there will be no games this season (a tragedy).

Good news is that national tv will be carrying 40+ Celtic games this season with the possibility for more with that vote for your favorite game each Tuesday on NBA TV.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.