Author Topic: Celtics (3-1) at Thunder (1-2) 11/5  (Read 16028 times)

Re: Celtics (3-1) at Thunder (1-2) 11/5
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2008, 01:02:56 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
I feel sad for the Wolves. I thought they had it, they certainly had their chances. Ah well.

Tony Parker was sensational. It's embarrassing how well himself and Duncan have to play just to give San Antonio a shot at beating a below average team. Roger Mason came up big, rest of their supporting cast needs to do a lot better.

Spurs bench better play better because they will be seen as a below average team this year if they keep this up. I am pretty sure if Spurs have to have huge nights from their top 3 players every night it will be tough if not impossible to do.

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2008, 01:55:20 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I feel sad for the Wolves. I thought they had it, they certainly had their chances. Ah well.

Tony Parker was sensational. It's embarrassing how well himself and Duncan have to play just to give San Antonio a shot at beating a below average team. Roger Mason came up big, rest of their supporting cast needs to do a lot better.

Finley is finished, just like he looked last season. Thank God he didn't accept Ainge's contract offer, that would a big miscalculation.

Parker, Duncan and Mason scored 111 points, all the other 7 guys together scored... 18. Pop should get rid of half of that roster.

Reminds me of an old Celtics team haha.

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2008, 09:33:08 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Just want to vent about a couple things cuz I don't come on these game threads during the game, but a couple things that annoyed me.

#1 - That first foul call on Perkins was absolute crap.  Perk always gets so much grief for getttin in early foul trouble, and a lot of times it's warranted.  But that first foul call was horrible.  I didn't see a good angle for his second foul, but judging by his reaction, as well as Mike and Donny's, I'd guess that one was crap too.

#2 - Bob Delaney ref'd a bad game.  He's always seemed to be one of the better ref's in the league, but he was bad on both sides last night.  First was the bogus foul call on Perk, and then, although it worked in our favor, I really didn't like what transpired at another point when Earl Watson tried to take a charge.  He was called for the blocking foul, and he jumped up and was shaking his arms in disgust.  The only thing the ref should be worrying about is walking to the scorers table and giving the info on the foul.  But instead, he stops and stares at Watson as if to say, "go ahead, make me T you up".  Instances like that show the ego's refs have at times, and it's not good for the game.

On an unrelated topic, it was driving me crazy for a bit because I couldn't figure out who the commentatot for the Thunder was that I could see in the background whenever they showed Carlisemo.  Then it hit me.  It was none other than former long-time Celtic   ;) Grant Long.  I didn't recognize him without the goggles.

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2008, 09:57:09 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Yeh, they really oughtta make Grant Long wear the goggles still!  Good pick up, I hadn't noticed.  Didn't he finish up his career as a Celtic?
Yup

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2008, 10:43:40 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Yeh, they really oughtta make Grant Long wear the goggles still!  Good pick up, I hadn't noticed.  Didn't he finish up his career as a Celtic?

Yeah.  He was a mid-season pickup during the 02-03 season.  We had some big pickups that year, like Bruno Sundov, Ruben Wolkowyski, Mikki Moore, etc.  I use the term "etc." so as to not make anyone else nauseous by continuing the list.  :-X

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2008, 11:12:09 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I do not like those Thunder commentators. Quite annoying.

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2008, 01:21:34 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
No game is a given in the NBA, especially on the second night of a back to back, both on the road.  I don't care who the team is.  Let's not forget how the Bobcats played us last year.  There are no easy night when you're the defending champs.

Truer words were never spoken. I was at the game last night and after one quarter, the Celtics looked like they were playing with a Vin Baker sized hangover. Then the defense showed up from the bench players - Powe (my choice for MVP for the game), TA (still irritates me on dumb drives to the goal that get stolen and result in transitions for the other guys), and Eddie House (known for shooting, but works hard on the defensive end). Pierce seemed to be the de facto PG out there supervising the play of the team. So this bench combo of Powe, BBD (contributed defense and rebounding against the physical Wilcox), TA, House, and Pierce seems to be the lockdown bunch.

Okie never quit last night, but I noticed the place filing out beginning at the 6:00 minute mark of the 4th qtr. So this college crowd I was expecting died out quickly and the NBA crowd (ahem the green shirts) took over. OK city is actually pretty nice city.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.