Author Topic: Trade Leftovers Anyone?  (Read 6126 times)

Trade Leftovers Anyone?
« on: November 03, 2008, 09:35:27 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
The Nuggets have traded Allan Iverson To the Pistons for Chauncey, McDyess and Samb. ;D

Reports are that McDyess doesnt want to play in Denver and is asking for a buyout that Denver is considering honoring. He would be an excellent bench addition that we just cannot pass up. If memory serves, he was offered the mid level from us a few years back. He nearly signed and went to Detroit instead at the last minute.

I hope Danny Ainge is poised like a Cobra. Maybe we can send Denver a few dollars to help?  8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

Re: Trade Leftovers Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 09:38:34 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
The Nuggets have traded Allan Iverson To the Pistons for Chauncey, McDyess and Samb. ;D

Reports are that McDyess doesnt want to play in Denver and is asking for a buyout that Denver is considering honoring. He would be an excellent bench addition that we just cannot pass up.

I hope Danny Ainge is poised like a Cobra. Maybe we can send Denver a few dollars to help?  8)
If Dice is available he SHOULD be No1 homework for Danny
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:50:29 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I'm pretty sure McDyess will return to Detroit. He'll say he won't report, Denver will say they want him, then buy him out and he will be a Piston again in a month.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 09:52:40 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
I'm pretty sure McDyess will return to Detroit. He'll say he won't report, Denver will say they want him, then buy him out and he will be a Piston again in a month.

thing is detroit are no longer contenders
but he will only probably do that in order to keep his life..u have a point

Nice to be back!

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 09:57:19 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

the guy is desperate to keep his life in Detroit? when was the last time you were there? a couple of years in LA, New York, Boston, Dallas, Miami... uh, Oklahoma City... heck, Houston or even Cleveland... sounds like a pretty attractive fr**kin' deal.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 09:59:23 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

the guy is desperate to keep his life in Detroit? when was the last time you were there? a couple of years in LA, New York, Boston, Dallas, Miami... uh, Oklahoma City... heck, Houston or even Cleveland... sounds like a pretty attractive deal.

I am not saying thats a fact, not that i was there , please read again
I am just pointing is a posibility
and for tastes....beers....

Nice to be back!

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 10:02:22 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I don't think they are less of a contender than they were this morning. At the very least, they improved mightily their chances of contenting in the future, starting next season, without hurting a little bit their chances of contending this season.

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 10:07:54 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

I don't think they are less of a contender than they were this morning. At the very least, they improved mightily their chances of contenting in the future, starting next season, without hurting a little bit their chances of contending this season.

sadly this is the old Ai
and they loose the old Chauncey
theyre not contenders anyway
unless they use that beautifull salary cap soon...i know youre pointing that
the thing is
who wants to play there??

P.S. AI as a Cs anyone??

Nice to be back!

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 10:16:58 PM »

Offline bandonox

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17

sadly this is the old Ai
the thing is

P.S. AI as a Cs anyone??

AI would be Celtic poison....
detroit just got worse.
they traded one aging little guy for another...
except the one they traded for is a selfish, arrogant ball hog
furbush.tumblr.com

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 10:39:16 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

sadly this is the old Ai
the thing is

P.S. AI as a Cs anyone??

AI is still a 25ppg player who had his best season, in terms of shooting efficiency... last year. He has lost very, very little for a 33 years old guy. Besides that, I believe Stuckey will be playing a sizable amount of the minutes at the point, while defending the opponent SGs when paired with AI. This deal wouldn't happen if Stuckey wasn't in Detroit. A Stuckey-Iverson-Hamilton guard rotation is very, very good, will create lots of problems for many teams, including the Celtics. They were not winning this year with that team. I won't say they increased their chances, but they are definitely more intriguing and they definetely didn't hurt their chances because those were basically non-existent. 

Dumars has the best of both worlds: a shot at the title and he'll be able to be a major player in the FA market. This is not like the Grizzlies or the Nets with a lot of cap room and a couple of promising youngsters. It's a winning franchise, with a strong core of players, a good mesh of experience and youth, and a lot of cap room.

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 10:45:37 PM »

Offline celticsboy746

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
get rid of scal and add mcdyess thats what we need to do, scal is a waste of time and money IMO, and mcdyess would be a GREAT addition off the bench.
"Bird with the pass through the legs of Sikma!"

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 10:47:15 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

sadly this is the old Ai
the thing is

P.S. AI as a Cs anyone??

AI is still a 25ppg player who had his best season, in terms of shooting efficiency... last year. He has lost very, very little for a 33 years old guy. Besides that, I believe Stuckey will be playing a sizable amount of the minutes at the point, while defending the opponent SGs when paired with AI. This deal wouldn't happen if Stuckey wasn't in Detroit. A Stuckey-Iverson-Hamilton guard rotation is very, very good, will create lots of problems for many teams, including the Celtics. They were not winning this year with that team. I won't say they increased their chances, but they are definitely more intriguing and they definetely didn't hurt their chances because those were basically non-existent. 

Dumars has the best of both worlds: a shot at the title and he'll be able to be a major player in the FA market. This is not like the Grizzlies or the Nets with a lot of cap room and a couple of promising youngsters. It's a winning franchise, with a strong core of players, a good mesh of experience and youth, and a lot of cap room.

dont u think the stuckey Iverson tandem is a little repetitive
and rip suffer without the feeding??

Nice to be back!

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 08:51:13 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Ainge has made some of his better little moves by being the third over looked party in trades. 

I want to see him do it again this year.

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 12:33:28 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
RIP is not gonna suffer!!!! Funny thing is AI averages more assist than BBBBBBBilups. More assists equals morevopportunities to feed my friend.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 01:13:47 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
RIP is not gonna suffer!!!! Funny thing is AI averages more assist than BBBBBBBilups. More assists equals morevopportunities to feed my friend.

No.  It means he holds onto the ball more and passes at points were his teammates have no choice but to throw the ball up.