Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Rockets (3-0) 11/4  (Read 26900 times)

Re: Celtics (2-1) at Rockets (3-0) 11/4
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 07:21:23 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
game start now please.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 07:33:14 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I dont have NBA TV due satellite orientation
darn I hate when Cs game are on NBA TV and not on League Pass
finally wind is over and even that way i wont be able to watch de game

ARGGHH!!!

Any other good game tonight???

I hate this

:'(
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 07:33:36 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Shall we suit up Bill Walker for the occasion?

Hehe, I hope so.

All McGrady incidents aside, Walker should be active ahead of Scal. Hands down. No questions asked.

Excellent job as always, FL.

For my money I'll take Scalabrine.  He is the better outside shooter and the better defender.  He also provides greater flexibility at the end of the bench, being able to play both forward positions.

walker must be an even more terrible outside shooter than i though, because over the last two years, scal couldn't sink a three on a 30' rim.

and air intangibles is scary enough at the SF, i don't need to see him defending the opposing 4.

Scalabrine 3pt shooting over the last two years (NBA 3 point line): 59/156 - 38%
Walker 3 pt shooting over his NCAA career (college 3 point line): 34/124 - 27%

Scalabrine is much better defending 4s than SFs. He's easily our second best player defending perimeter oriented and shooting power-forwards.

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 07:46:42 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i don't understand why scal gets a pass for not making any improvement to his physique let alone his game. it sounds like a joke but hey what if garnett goes down. what if a couple guys go down. he should be prepared. does'nt he owe that to the team? i have to figure that the team LOVES this guy as a person because it does'nt look like he has worked on anything since he's been here and only screw sup spacing when he enters the game. i alwyas hear about the little things he does. i think he's even worse at things like spacing on offense that don't show up in the box score. 

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 07:59:54 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
arrgh. i apologize. this is'nt a scal thread. my prediction for tonight is that there will be a brawl. they'll be fired up. they'll want to prove they're better than the champs(love typing that) the c's will wanna prve they're still the best.they know if they drop this one they'll never hear the end of it.i really don't think motivation should be any problem this year. i could'nt guess a victor in this one.hopefully the refs will keep control of this one. i think it all depends on how much they let the little body checks,grabbing, holding and cracking down on not impeding progress cutting thru the lane.if they let stuff go i think it could snowball into an ugly scene. i hate that artest is almost given credit for physically intimidating other players. like an nba player is actually scared of another. what guys are afraid of is a nutcase snapping and potentially ending their career.  i hate when it's portrayed that artest scares players like he's gonna beat them up. yeah, i hate artest. almost as much as bruce bowen who should have been kicked out of the nba already.

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 08:08:55 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 08:15:51 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Shall we suit up Bill Walker for the occasion?

Hehe, I hope so.

All McGrady incidents aside, Walker should be active ahead of Scal. Hands down. No questions asked.

Excellent job as always, FL.

They just said on the pre-game that Walker was activated for this game, woohoo! (O'Bryant will be inactive).  If I don't see some fireworks tonight I'm going to be very disappointed.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 08:18:30 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Wouldn't it make sense to keep POB active to use against Yao? Why not deactivate Scals?

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 08:23:37 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
after the rondo skip altercation, the always entertaining (and irritating) pierce artest matchup, and the bill walker tmac beef... i would love to see another throwback NBA finals.

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 08:26:53 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
i don't understand why scal gets a pass for not making any improvement to his physique let alone his game. it sounds like a joke but hey what if garnett goes down. what if a couple guys go down. he should be prepared. does'nt he owe that to the team?

Have you followed last season?

Wouldn't it make sense to keep POB active to use against Yao?

Yao is a very good FT shooter. POB is expendable.

Why not deactivate Scals?

He has been part of the 10 man rotation so far.

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 08:36:28 PM »

Offline SportsCapNative

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
  • "No one Ever Really Dies"
Ok, shouldn't the game have started by now? Geez.

Watching these guys babble is boring.

The Sports Capital of America

New England Patriots \\\'01 \\\'03 \\\'04 - Boston Red Sox \\\'04 \\\'07 - Boston Celtics \\\'08

I love Tony Allen!

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 08:36:51 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
We did win with Scals in the line-up last year but he didn't make a big contribution. I think having another Big Body to put on Yao makes sense. Thus deactive Scals.

On a totally different note, watching the pre-game on Raptors TV (basically NBATV) and am wondering can't Payton afford a dress shirt to go with his suit?

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 08:47:57 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
not to be ungrateful for the fashion commentary...

but since i cant watch the games on TV a bit more commentary on the actual game would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.  :)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 08:51:06 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
the beast is alive so far

Like the energy and effort, well above the level of the Indy game.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 08:53:00 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
I like the defense so far. After Houston got out to the early 6pt lead, we've really clamped down.
Perk and Rondo look great. Love how Rondo is getting to the basket and showing good body control on his lay-ups. Plus Yao has 2 early fouls.