Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Rockets (3-0) 11/4  (Read 27016 times)

Re: Celtics (2-1) at Rockets (3-0) 11/4
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2008, 01:22:22 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
so much for trading away Ray Allen after one bad game (like i said, i didn't think anyone could be worse than Tennessee football fans about overreacting) ...... Celts fans are in a league all their own.

i did not, however, like the extended minutes that tonite's win required of the starters along with the minimal minutes given to the limited bench we now all of the sudden seem to have - of course, that tends to happen when you don't do what is neccessary to keep your most valuable bench player and then try to replace him with your very athletic shooting guard who plays hard but has a limited basketball IQ.

Can we possibly ever move on from the Posey discussion? Argh.

« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2008, 01:24:58 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
We can all breathe now.  That comeback Houston made really bothered me, but we recovered and that was a nice road win.  Ray shouldn't be traded, Perk is a good NBA center, life is once again good in CelticLand, until the next game anyways.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2008, 01:39:13 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I could only follow the game on Gamecast, but rumor has it the refs made some questionable calls tonight.  That's not like NBA officials to have off nights like that...
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2008, 07:30:44 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
so much for trading away Ray Allen after one bad game (like i said, i didn't think anyone could be worse than Tennessee football fans about overreacting) ...... Celts fans are in a league all their own.

i did not, however, like the extended minutes that tonite's win required of the starters along with the minimal minutes given to the limited bench we now all of the sudden seem to have - of course, that tends to happen when you don't do what is neccessary to keep your most valuable bench player and then try to replace him with your very athletic shooting guard who plays hard but has a limited basketball IQ.

this was no different than last year in close games against contending teams, you keep your best in when its close....the rockets kept it close throughout (except for that trading of runs in the second) you don't put in a bench unit their against their starters to lose the game for you.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion