Poll

Would you?

Yes
6 (33.3%)
No
12 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Would I like to see Big Al and Gomes for a couple of games instead of KG  (Read 3335 times)

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Saw a couple of games of MIN this season and Big Al looks unstopable, and Gomes improved his game aswell.
I would like to see them play a game or two instead of KG.
I'm not sayin'  I'm against the KG trade and everything, it's just anytime I see them play I still wish that they wear Celtics green...
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Re: Would I like to see Big Al and Gomes for a couple of games instead of KG
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 07:57:02 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I like watching them play, but I'm glad it's in a Minnesota uniform.  I don't think I'd want to watch Big Al "instead of" KG, no.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 08:24:02 AM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
The fact thatI miss them is part of the reason I got League pass thuis season, the other being that i  moved to milwaukee and need to see the c's.  i have watched all the wwolves games so far and defensively, those two are still miles away from what the celtics gave us last year.  i love big al, maybe more than any other player i have ever watched, and i love watching him develop and continue to hurky jerk around in the post (and i love watching gomes hustle and develop his range and confidence), but i don't think this can be an either/or conversation.

That said, if in 3 or 4 years time, they find their way back to boston and we have a starting 5 of perk, al, gomes, t allen, and rondo, i would be devastatedly happy.  but right now, kg>bigal and pierce>gomes. 
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 09:29:39 AM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I went to the wolves game last night.  They are seriously not good.  Big Al is a beast though.  CRay has taught him some sweet moves and they ran their entire offense through him.  Unfortunately, he either has no one to pass to or he is a black hole.  Gomes looked like he has developed his range.  I laughed when he took a couple of jumpers thinking to myself that there was no way he would make them.  Swish.  Swish.  He proved me wrong. 

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 10:13:44 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
They have been doing well for the Wolves so far, but their defense is still leaving something to be desired.  The opposing PF/C rotation has done quite well in each Wolves game so far.

Don't really have an opinion on the "would I rather see" because if the trade had not happened I'd still be a depressed Wolves fan hoping that KG would get someone better than Mike James or Troy Hudson to help him.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 10:40:50 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
If we could send them back after a couple of games, sure why not? (it's our fantasy world, right)
Yup

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 12:30:43 PM »

Offline TripleThreat

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
If we could send them back after a couple of games, sure why not? (it's our fantasy world, right)

I'm with you, Redz. I wouldn't take the trade back but it would be fun to see how things would play out in a span of a few games. I was always a huge fan of the way those two (Jefferson and Gomes) played.

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 01:11:42 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
now that we have our title hanging in the rafters and ownership has collected a nice pile of cash maybe we could convince mchale to reverse this trade back to us.

...shoot, while we're at it, let's contact dallas and bring back mr. potential... ::)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 01:25:57 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'd love to trade KG for Big Al for a couple weeks, then trade back!  I love me some Big Al!  Not that interested in having Gomes back though.  I like him but I'm not facinated with his game.

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 01:37:42 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I'd love to trade KG for Big Al for a couple weeks, then trade back!  I love me some Big Al!  Not that interested in having Gomes back though.  I like him but I'm not facinated with his game.

I'd take gomesover scal in a heartbeat, he can provide that legitamte shooting back up forward we're lacking atm.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 01:54:35 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 01:45:53 PM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100
I went to the wolves game last night.  They are seriously not good.  Big Al is a beast though.  CRay has taught him some sweet moves and they ran their entire offense through him.  Unfortunately, he either has no one to pass to or he is a black hole.  Gomes looked like he has developed his range.  I laughed when he took a couple of jumpers thinking to myself that there was no way he would make them.  Swish.  Swish.  He proved me wrong. 

Memory? Gomes always had a sweet jumper inside the three point line, and he even unloaded from the three point line to close out the 06-07 season.

I don't think Clifford Ray actually taught Al any moves, he only taught him when to use them.

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 01:52:27 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Oh, Gomes is 100 times better than Scal.  But so is every other player in the league.  I like Gomes and he's be helpful, but watching Al is like watching a potential superstar in the making.

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 02:32:02 PM »

Offline RedsCeltics34

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 45
  • Lets Go Celtics!
Oh, Gomes is 100 times better than Scal.  But so is every other player in the league.  I like Gomes and he's be helpful, but watching Al is like watching a potential superstar in the making.

yea man Gomes has really improved his all around game, and I really miss watching Al not that id trade what we have now for Al though, but I wish Al would come back here someday  ;)

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 07:58:36 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I'd rather see anyone besides Scalabrine and BBD out there. I think sooner or later Ainge is going to move those guys. I can't imagine he feels different.