Author Topic: Chris Paul = MVP  (Read 3977 times)

Chris Paul = MVP
« on: November 02, 2008, 11:18:37 AM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
I ain't old enough to ever watch Isaiah play except I saw the series they had with Portland and those ones they had with the 80s bulls but is Chris Paul getting that good. 2 years ago I would have said AI was the best nba player 6 feet and under but besides for AI's 2001 finals run, Chris Paul's performances are way better. Even without Tyson Chandler they easily won against the Suns and Cavs who have a lot of size. I didn't think Hilton Armstrong and Melvin Ely were strong enough to play the middle but they're doing good so far. James Posey went 4-5 from the 3pt arc last nite and schooled Lebron too with a steal and a breakaway dunk. He said he never got into an offensive groove in Boston after the game.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 12:02:54 PM by JR Giddens »

Re: Chris Paul = Isaiah Thomas
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 11:26:40 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Dude, you're a serial thread-starter. This one doesn't belong on the CelticsTalk, by the way.

That said, I agree. Chris Paul is playing godly as of now. Their wins were not that easy though, at least the one versus the Suns.

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 11:27:59 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3773
  • Yup
Different styles but similar results.  Isiah was a bit more razzle-dazzle, but rock solid to back it up.  Chris Paul is plain rock solid.

Not a bad comparison as players. Hopefully CP won't follow in Isiah post playing path.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 11:42:51 AM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Chris Paul has a better jumper this year and attacks the paint better than any other point guard in the NBA right now. I can't believe a 6 foot player may actually be the best player in the NBA. Now that Kobe is playing less minutes a game and the Cavs might not get enough wins if Chris Paul is not your front runner for MVP something is def wrong with you.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 12:00:44 PM by JR Giddens »

Re: Chris Paul = MVP
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 12:04:10 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Chris Paul's dribble amazes me every time I see him. He can split any double team and can always find room to squeeze past defenders on the baseline.

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 12:13:45 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Chris Paul is going to dominate the league for the next 10 years. I would rather have CP3 on my team than anybody else in the league except for Lebron.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 03:01:00 PM »

Offline marseye

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • gwadada 971
he's a great player but too young for dis
i think dat but ...... 8)
I represent Guadeloupe n Ain't speak English very well/Xcuse me

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 03:10:51 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
he's a great player but too young for dis
i think dat but ...... 8)

I agree with dis
i think dat too.... 8)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 03:33:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Simply put, Chris Paul is the best player in the league not named LeBron or Kobe. The Zeke comparison is a good one but Paul's a better passer and Isiah was a better defender.

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 04:06:32 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Some people think Deron Williams is in the same class as CP3...I just don't see it.

Deron is excellent, but CP3 is just better.

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 04:25:58 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I can believe that about Posey.Recently i watched an old game Posey played in years ago when the rookies vs sophomore's at the All Star game when Posey was in his second yr.AT first i really thought it was MJ playing at times.Posey had some serious "hops" so i believe he still can bring it hard just not as often anymore.

if you are not just looking at or considering pg's for MVP i am giving Joe Johnson some serious consideration so far this season.Lets see by end of this season where they all end up.

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 02:42:55 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
CP3 with the NBA record:
http://www.nba.com/games/20081108/MIANOH/recap.html

Beating a record set by the Big O
certainly shows what Paul is made
of. Very cool to have a class act
be the favorite so far.

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 05:01:14 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
...and to think there was a definate chance for CP3 to be on the c's roster (Pierce for the #3 pick). I wouldn't change a thing about our team now, but it would have been a pretty awsome substitute to have to watch every night instead. 

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 09:22:16 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I watched him play for about 3 minutes last night. He only had 2 points but was the most dominate person in the game. Moe Pete,Peja, and Posey were getting wide open 3 pointers on every possession because of his dribble penetration.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird