Author Topic: Wow!  (Read 9788 times)

Re: Wow!
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 01:46:11 AM »

Offline blueygreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
I think OP is completely right. We sucked, plain and simple. I've been ranting over and over about how old Ray is, how out of control Pierce and Tony are, how KG travels on every possession and that the watchful refs would eventually pick up on these things and stop bailing us out with no-calls and officiate the game in a fair and unbiased way like the top-of-the-line people they are. Long sentences aside, I'm sure we all agree that if Antoine were here the result would be much different, and Gerald Green could probably provide some stability off the bench. While we're at it, we should probably put Lucky into the starting lineup instead of Perk, he couldn't defend a chair tonight. This is even worse than our loss against the Pacers in the playoffs a few years ago; Pierce should have reacted today the same way he did a few years ago, that would prove to us his heart, dedication and suitability to lead.

We should definately all go to LA today and begin to root for the hard-hitting, never-back-down, hard-as-nails Gasol's and Vujacic's of the world to take home some rings this year. They would prove how real championship contenders play. With Bynum in the team they are unstoppable. I'm not sure if they'll take it, but I think we ought to offer the "big three" for Bynum and Luke Walton (so we can continue our disgusting tradition of "Celtic Pride". Not to mention he's going to at least triple our tickets sold in the female column). With our new unstoppable centre we might have a chance next time we play strong championship contenders like Indiana, Memphis and Milwaukee.

This loss is shameful, I can't believe I've wasted so many words typing about how horrible this team is after last years hot streak, when I could have spent time at the LA blogs comparing the number of Kobe posters we each have on our walls. 

Overreaction you may say? I say it's an overreaction to my reaction! Stop pretending you don't care! We don't have a hope of repeating this year, or probably winning for the next 15 years. THIS IS ALL THE FAULT OF THE GUY THAT SAID WE WOULDN'T LOSE UNTIL WE FACED THE LAKERS. WE'RE CURSED!!!!!!11111!!!ONEONE!!

*deep breath*

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2008, 02:16:49 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I actually heard that there's still
some room on the "Lakers Are So Much
Better Than Celtics With Bynum Back
Gold'n'Blue Bandwagon Bus".
Hmmm...

One game, one loss.
There are going to be games like this
one. But I'm quite sure they'll be few
and there'll be far between them.
Just consider it an early wake-up call.

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2008, 02:59:14 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Recent posts by J R Giddens:

Wow what a bad game....Is it too late to hop on the Lakers bandwagon? The celtics aint gonna get home court advantage by only winning games in the garden

Lakers>>>>> Celtics in 09'

The Lakers looked unstoppable last night. It was insane.

[dang] I watched both Laker games and their defense is much improved because of their intensity on the top of the key. This guy Ariza can also shoot now from beyond the arc. With Lamar Odom on the bench they have one of the deepest teams I've seen in a long time. Many Laker fans think this team will win 70+ games this season. Do you think they can possibly be better than the Celtics this season?

This team is scaring the crap out of me right now with all the Bynum+Ariza hype  :-[

Red Sox are gonna lose tonight. I will never understand why people always set themselves up for dissapointment. :-\

Let me guess Lakers are better rated than the celtics! >:(

so what he called some teammates on the phone. Big deal. POST FAILED!

O yeah ESPN also gave Lebron 12 votes for MVP and Kobe only got 3 votes for MVP and Lebron isn't on a 50-win teams so ESPN doesn't like Kobe if you look at it this way too!

LA won't make it out of the first round.  I'm calling it right now.

???????? Look man don't be delusional! Only a Faker fan could be that blind.

Some weird recent quotes from a Celtics fan, don't you think?

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2008, 03:39:27 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Wow what a bad game. I hope these guys think 2wice about getting drunk b4 a game. I don't want to ever hear about this Rajon Rondo being an all star crap until he learns to hit a free throw or not get schooled by a 5 foot 10 shrimp. I'm glad the refs are starting to expose KGs constant traveling. Ray Allen's shooting woes on the road from last years playoffs continue and Turnover Allen still can't shoot to save his life. Rasho Nestrovic tore Perk apart too. All I saw were wide open layups. Is it too late to hop on the Lakers bandwagon? The celtics aint gonna get home court advantage by only winning games in the garden

Well they got into Indy at 4 in the morning so I guess they got drunk "b4" the game on the plane.  They were the best road team in the league last year so I think they'll get a decent seed in the playoffs and some home court advantage.  I think there will be a few duds when the season is 82 games long, let's not go nuts about them.

Have fun on that Lakers bandwagon.  It's just a shame you weren't on there last year during the Finals. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2008, 04:12:53 AM »

Offline blueygreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
On a serious note, may I also add that last year we lost to the Wizards three times, the Raptors once (could/should have been twice), the Bobcats once (could/should have been twice), the Nuggets and the Warriors. Not to mention the "better teams" like the Cavs, Pistons, Magic, NOH, etc.

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2008, 04:59:02 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
edit - you really are pushing the line.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 07:32:06 AM by Wide Load »

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2008, 07:34:23 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Everyone take a breath and stop taking personal swings at this poster.  Feel free to comment about the statements.  But do not take personal swipes.

This is the 2nd warning on this thread.

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Everyone take a breath and stop taking personal swings at this poster.  Feel free to comment about the statements.  But do not take personal swipes.

for clarification, is accusing him of being a Laker's fan, based on evidence from other posts, a personal swipe?  I don't think it is, and I'm not sure you're saying it is, I'd just like to know
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2008, 08:01:21 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
JR Giddens, I know you're a young guy from previous posts so I'm going to put this ridiculous thread down to youthful errors.

Well, I was going to before I read nickagneta's post. I wont make this into a personal thing but if you want to jump on the Lakers bandwagon then you should do it now to save yourself from further embarrassment.

If that comes across as personal I'm sorry it's intended to be in your best interests as it looks to me like you are a Lakers fan at heart, or certainly wanting to be one.

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2008, 08:21:01 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
JR Giddens, I know you're a young guy from previous posts so I'm going to put this ridiculous thread down to youthful errors.

Well, I was going to before I read nickagneta's post. I wont make this into a personal thing but if you want to jump on the Lakers bandwagon then you should do it now to save yourself from further embarrassment.

If that comes across as personal I'm sorry it's intended to be in your best interests as it looks to me like you are a Lakers fan at heart, or certainly wanting to be one.
CM, I think he really enjoys stirring things up with these "Laker Luv" comments.

The best prescription for his brand of Lakerspeak is to not answer his posts or threads. At least this is what I intend to do when it is clearly just to cause trouble or upset other posters. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2008, 08:49:32 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

for clarification, is accusing him of being a Laker's fan, based on evidence from other posts, a personal swipe?  I don't think it is, and I'm not sure you're saying it is, I'd just like to know

While that should be offensive to Celtics fans, that was not what I was talking about.

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2008, 09:31:09 AM »

Offline shonibates

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
Does anyone have any idea what our record is when Val refs Celtics games? We always seem to struggle when she has our games.

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2008, 10:04:19 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Does anyone have any idea what our record is when Val refs Celtics games? We always seem to struggle when she has our games.

You mean Violet Palmer? Those delayed calls killed us, but Danny Crawford was just as bad for the uber-quick T on Eddie for expressing frustration away from the ref.

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2008, 10:12:31 AM »

Offline Shiz1111

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 22
lastly, violet palmer was involved, and i feel that taints any game  ;D

Is she awful or what?  Not referring necessarily to tonight specifically (especially since I'm not looking to make any excuses for the team's play tonight), but she just kills me every time I watch a game she officiates. 

Ok now seriously, I thought it was just me. Now I know that there are other bad refs out there but I swear my heart seizes up whenever I see Violet Palmer on the floor. Someone help me please, does she just jinx us every time? What is it about this lady and our games?? She drives me up the wall.

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2008, 10:21:19 AM »

Offline shonibates

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
I know that working with a weaker ref on the floor sometimes brings the rest of the crew down. You try to make calls that aren't yours to make up for the weaker ref. Alot of calls last night seemed like they were made by somone not in position to make the call.