Author Topic: Wow!  (Read 9789 times)

Re: Wow!
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 11:19:31 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
This reminded me of us playing Atlanta. A young aggressive team that the refs let manhandle the Celtics, with us just letting them force us into their nasty game. That is the only way to beat this team I think. Make the game ugly and frustrate us.

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2008, 11:27:29 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Not to be mean. But I laughed, really hard, while reading your overreaction. We're only 3 games into the season. We lose one game and you want to hop on the Lakers bandwagon? No team can stay undefeated throughout a whole entire season. We're not perfect. I don't know why you're getting all wrapped up for. It's one game. Teams have bad nights. We can't go out and dominate every game.

If you want to hop on the Lakers bandwagon, go right ahead. They're going to lose games, too. They'll probably lose more games than us.

We did play a horrible game. I know that. I'm as frustrated as you about the loss. But it's way to early to overreact, buddy.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2008, 11:29:30 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Stability and leadership for second unit is a problem. Tony is to erratic and neither House or TA are natural leaders. Size at 3 remains an issue until Walker can improve his shot. We have a lot of energy guys; but little stability. Ray Allen used to provide some of that when he would play with the second unit; however if he is struggling that does not work either.

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2008, 11:43:26 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Not to be mean. But I laughed, really hard, while reading your overreaction. We're only 3 games into the season. We lose one game and you want to hop on the Lakers bandwagon? No team can stay undefeated throughout a whole entire season. We're not perfect. I don't know why you're getting all wrapped up for. It's one game. Teams have bad nights. We can't go out and dominate every game.

If you want to hop on the Lakers bandwagon, go right ahead. They're going to lose games, too. They'll probably lose more games than us.

We did play a horrible game. I know that. I'm as frustrated as you about the loss. But it's way to early to overreact, buddy.

Anyone who will take one loss and jump on the Laker bandwagon cannot say he is or ever was a real Celtics fan.

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2008, 11:45:41 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas

Anyone who will take one loss and jump on the Laker bandwagon cannot say he is or ever was a real Celtics fan.

Yes, that's exactly what I said. TP for you.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 11:48:05 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107

TP I agree.  Anybody that can say that in a none sarcastic manor as that was said is not a true Celtics fan.  

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 11:59:07 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Ugly but should be a motivator!!!!!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 12:27:19 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Wow what a bad game. I hope these guys think 2wice about getting drunk b4 a game. I don't want to ever hear about this Rajon Rondo being an all star crap until he learns to hit a free throw or not get schooled by a 5 foot 10 shrimp. I'm glad the refs are starting to expose KGs constant traveling. Ray Allen's shooting woes on the road from last years playoffs continue and Turnover Allen still can't shoot to save his life. Rasho Nestrovic tore Perk apart too. All I saw were wide open layups. Is it too late to hop on the Lakers bandwagon? The celtics aint gonna get home court advantage by only winning games in the garden

you've been pushing the lakers in 4 threads now. Whats the deal with that? in every thread you push the lakers and how much better they are than us, including one absolutely ridiculous fluff thread about them after they blew out the clippers at home were you said you think they might win 70+.

anyway, not really the least bit concerned about this game unless there's a carryover. First time this year thev've had to play a team away from the garden, they saw what its going to be like every night away from home. Plus, its game freaking 3, and its a back to back with travel. The pregame said they didn't even get to the hotel until 5 this morning.

lastly, violet palmer was involved, and i feel that taints any game  ;D

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 12:33:24 AM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 12:32:06 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
Wow what a bad game. I hope these guys think 2wice about getting drunk b4 a game. I don't want to ever hear about this Rajon Rondo being an all star crap until he learns to hit a free throw or not get schooled by a 5 foot 10 shrimp. I'm glad the refs are starting to expose KGs constant traveling. Ray Allen's shooting woes on the road from last years playoffs continue and Turnover Allen still can't shoot to save his life. Rasho Nestrovic tore Perk apart too. All I saw were wide open layups. Is it too late to hop on the Lakers bandwagon? The celtics aint gonna get home court advantage by only winning games in the garden

you've been pushing the lakers in 4 threads now. Whats the deal with that? in every thread you push the lakers and how much better they are than us, including one absolutely ridiculous fluff thread about them after they blew out the clippers at home were you said you think they might win 70+.

anyway, not really the least bit concerned about this game unless there's a carryover. First time this year thev've had to play a team away from the garden, they saw what its going to be like every night away from home. Plus, its game freaking 3.

Also, violet palmer was involved, and i feel that taints any game

I'm starting to think he's a Lakers fan.

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 12:37:59 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

anyway, not really the least bit concerned about this game unless there's a carryover. First time this year thev've had to play a team away from the garden, they saw what its going to be like every night away from home. Plus, its game freaking 3, and its a back to back with travel. The pregame said they didn't even get to the hotel until 5 this morning.

Is she awful or what?  Not referring necessarily to tonight specifically (especially since I'm not looking to make any excuses for the team's play tonight), but she just kills me every time I watch a game she officiates.  Right up there with Kenny Mauer and Bennett Salvatore in my book - although I tend to think the latter two are far greater factors in occasionally turning the officiating into a one-sided affair (I'm not claiming conspiracy, but it sure seems as though one team ends up having a hard time getting a break from those two some nights), whereas Palmer seems to be a fairly equal-opportunity disaster most times out.

Okay, thread-jacking over.  As you were, folks.

That said, I will take this moment to gently remind everyone that while I don't necessarily disagree with many of the sentiments expressed here, it is worth remembering that defining one's fanship tends to be a personal matter, and I'm not sure it's up to us to play judge and jury as to what someone's status as a fan is.  It bears noting that we've all said things we didn't mean out of frustration, and perhaps some posts this evening were just a rather more extreme than expected manifestation of that.  Just something to think about.

-sw
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 01:39:01 AM by Steve Weinman »

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 12:49:38 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Do you need a link to the Lakers bandwagon? Do you promise not to post here anymore once you move to the Lakers bandwagon?

As for other responses regarding the bench players and Posey, in case you didn't notice, the starters were much worse tonight.

But it was the second game of a back to back and it was the home opener for the other team. I'm not reading too much into this game.

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 01:04:14 AM »

Offline ziggen

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
The Celtics WILL make it to the playoffs... The Celtics WILL win where it counts. That's all that matters.
Hello World

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 01:23:47 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

By all means, hop on that bandwagon.  If you want to turn on the team you claim to be a fan of after one game, I don't want you here.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008, 01:25:04 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
"if the trend continues, Ainge will address the swing position off the bench"

huh ?  i think Danny already had his chance this summer to address the swing position off the bench by giving Posey what was needed to re-sign him !!!
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2008, 01:34:52 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

Is she awful or what?  Not referring necessarily to tonight specifically (especially since I'm not looking to make any excuses for the team's play tonight), but she just kills me every time I watch a game she officiates.  Right up there with Kenny Mauer and Bennett Salvatore in my book - although I tend to think the latter two are far greater factors in occasionally turning the officiating into a one-sided affair (I'm not claiming conspiracy, but it sure seems as though one team ends up having a hard time getting a break from those two some nights), whereas Palmer seems to be a fairly equal-opportunity disaster most times out.

Okay, thread-jacking over.  As you were, folks.

That said, I will take this moment to gently remind everyone that while I don't necessarily disagree with many of the sentiments expressed here, it is worth remembering that defining one's fanship tends to be a personal matter, and I'm not sure it's up to us to play judge and jury as to what someone's status as a fan is.  It seems worth remembering that we've all said things we didn't mean out of frustration, and perhaps some posts this evening were just a rather more extreme than expected manifestation of that.  Just something to think about.

-sw

Well, when as a supposed Celtics fan you bring the Lakers into the conversation after 1 loss. I think it is fair. Lakers are a sore subject to Celtics fans imo. As was said by someone this is not the first time this person has been gushing about the Lakers. As a Celtics fan it makes me wonder. I think their is nothing wrong with questioning when someone actually says as a supposedly Celtics fan that after this loss they are joining the Laker bandwagon. That is over the top.