Author Topic: Granger and Gerald Green  (Read 1778 times)

Granger and Gerald Green
« on: November 01, 2008, 08:36:46 PM »

Offline Ibleedgreen76

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Oh what could have been! Several things to think about Danny Granger and if Larry had chosen Gerald Green instead of Danny Granger. For those who don't remember Granger and Green had both slipped to the Celtics and Pacers at 17 and 18. It was a lock that we would have taken Granger if he was available from what I remember. SO...

If everything still played out the same since it has taken some time for Granger to be polished. Would Kevin Mchale have demanded Big Al or Danny Granger in a trade for KG. Would KG have said hell yes the first time they worked out a deal if he saw himself with Paul, Big Al/Granger our #6 pick and KG? Thats one tempting young core to play along with. Were we better off letting the chips fall as they did?

Yes I know there are so many but x player went 30th in that draft or we passed on so and so. This is a one slight change kind of question, I mean Gerald was a rumored top 3 pick at points that year.

Re: Granger and Gerald Green
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 09:05:17 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I feel that I see far too many "oh, what could have been" related posts considering the team just won the title.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 09:06:25 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I feel that I see far too many "oh, what could have been" related posts considering the team just won the title.

And still a little bitter than McHale took McCants over Granger in that draft...

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 09:30:40 PM »

Offline Ibleedgreen76

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I agree about the too many what could have been posts. On this board though it was discussed at length about how the two picks could have been easily reversed. This isnt a what if we had just followed through on our promise to draft agent zero. Gerald's early progress was somewhat comparable to Danny's. As time went on it was clear who was the superior player. I dont think that Granfer on this team with everything else that happened would have changed our overall record and draft picks that much.

It would also be tremendously interesting the effect Artest and Jackson would have had on an impressionable G-money. I cant help but think if any of their "attitude" began to rub off on him. We all know g-money has an ego that was suppressed the best I think it could be while he was with the Celts.