Author Topic: Paul Pierce For MVP?  (Read 5587 times)

Re: Paul Pierce For MVP?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 09:42:35 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
I can see that, but I have a strong feeling Pierce will have his best year ever.  Kg was in the running last year and it was the same balanced team.  I'm just wondering if Pierce has his best year ever, will he be in the running?

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 02:11:39 PM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
No. Even if Pierce scores like 23 ppg this year Lebron is going to score 35+. Your just not going to award the MVP to a guy that plays the same postion and scores 10+ points less. It will never happen.

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 02:20:44 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I can see that, but I have a strong feeling Pierce will have his best year ever.  Kg was in the running last year and it was the same balanced team.  I'm just wondering if Pierce has his best year ever, will he be in the running?

for paul to have his best year ever stat wise, he would have to start jacking up shots again nad forcing his offense.

whats more important to you, paul scoring 30 a game or us winning another banner?

I know what paul and I pick.  ;)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 02:55:42 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
I'm not saying that Paul should start gunning for the MVP.  If you watched how easily he controlled the cleveland game, i don't think its too far fetched that he can do that all season long. And MVP candidates don't need to be a force offensively.  Look at KG last year.  He didn't put up big numbers yet he was in the running until the end of the year.  Why is it so hard for any of you to at least contemplate the idea that Pierce could be an MVP candidate?

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 02:58:31 PM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
Edit - No politics on this blog
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 03:00:26 PM by Wide Load »

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 02:59:36 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I'm not saying that Paul should start gunning for the MVP.  If you watched how easily he controlled the cleveland game, i don't think its too far fetched that he can do that all season long. And MVP candidates don't need to be a force offensively.  Look at KG last year.  He didn't put up big numbers yet he was in the running until the end of the year.  Why is it so hard for any of you to at least contemplate the idea that Pierce could be an MVP candidate?

MVPs needs to be a force in the media.  

While I think the Celtics and Pierce have more attention on them now, they are not the media force that is going to win one of their players a MVP with out big stats.

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 03:34:57 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Through 1 game he's got my vote.
Yup

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 03:52:04 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
There's a bias with Pierce.  It is always going to be assumed that he needed KG and Allen in order to become a winner in the league.  Since he couldn't win on his own, he shouldn't be MVP.  It is assumed that the acquisition of KG and Allen is why the Celtics are winning now.  Pierce is overlooked in many circles, but I doubt he cares.  The guy is a NBA Finals MVP, I think he would take that over a regular MVP any day of the week.  I am pretty sure Kobe would swap awards with him if offered 

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 03:58:29 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
He will be in top 3 in MVP rankings  ;D
I would just hand him the [dang] thing right now
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2008, 03:20:15 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
Its not going to have to do anything with bias. The C's are simply too good. For example he really "coasted" to a 14 point victory. I am not saying he didn't play very hard when he had opportunities it's just that he didn't NEED to score that much for an easy win.

A guy like Lebron who NEEDS to score 40 to secure a Cavs victory is going to get alot more votes.