Author Topic: Bulls (1-0) at Celtics (1-0) 10/31  (Read 24366 times)

Re: Bulls (1-0) at Celtics (1-0) 10/31
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2008, 10:38:58 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Good stroke Gabe.  Good game Leon.  This is the only time I'll enjoy Scal.  Scal-a-brine!

Nice block POB.

Not me. I'm hoping he shoots 10% for the year. :-X
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2008, 10:39:58 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
It´s great to see the starters cheering for the subs.

Garnett joking with Perk, Ray and Rondo analyze the game...

I love it.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2008, 10:44:26 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
tony allen is just horrendous...no matter what he thinks, he's no posey.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2008, 10:45:06 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
These Scalabrine chants are a disgrace.

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2008, 10:49:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Are the celtics team so stacked right now to have giddens and walker look like they are practice pilons??

I don't know if its docs idea but these rookies should get some playing time. (for example tonight they could have)

I'm personally disappointed today in tony allen and pruitts play. Pruitt unlike some pre season game is strolling and taking it easy out there. That is ridicoulous

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2008, 10:58:45 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Are the celtics team so stacked right now to have giddens and walker look like they are practice pilons??

I don't know if its docs idea but these rookies should get some playing time. (for example tonight they could have)

I'm personally disappointed today in tony allen and pruitts play. Pruitt unlike some pre season game is strolling and taking it easy out there. That is ridicoulous

Doc can only play 12 guys per game. The rookies and Cassell didn't dress.

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2008, 11:02:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
is that the rule?? i guess then injuring pending those three will not play for the season. Thats too bad

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2008, 11:02:32 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
what a great game from the Cs.  the announcers were gushing all over themselves about garnett and pierce being into it even though they were on the bench.  since when did they drink they kool-aid?

observations:
(1) Leon Powe is the best player off the bench.**
(2) Tony Allen isn't Posey, but he should fill the Posey shoes pretty well, at much less the cost.  I like what I see from him.
(3) I wouldn't be surprised to see Gabe Pruitt get more PT.

** and the Cs are going to have to pay if they want to keep him next season (Maxiel just got $5M per year -- probably going rate for Powe at this point)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2008, 11:13:09 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
These Scalabrine chants are a disgrace.

I agree. That's just terrible for Scal's confidence. The crowd has turned him into a mockery.

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2008, 11:13:55 PM »

Offline blueygreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
Well, after that game I was pretty happy. Looks like ESPN is starting to get on the green bandwagon, talking about how much heart they put into blowout games like these.

I really like Derrick Rose from what I've seen. He didn't get any assists but when your team is shooting so atrociously it isn't really a surprise. I was very impressed with him.

That said, I thought Rondo did a very nice job covering him. He did some nice things, looked in total control handling the ball and the offense and used his quickness nicely to get some easy layups while the Chicago D was snoozing.

I didn't like anything else Chicago did (except Aaron Gray, thought he did some nice things), especially Nocioni. That temper tantrum which led to the tech foul was in no way the right way to respond to a foul he didn't agree with. Fouled out in spectacular fashion. Tyrus Thomas...eh. I liked him more as the game went on, but obviously very raw, but I liked his hustle at some points.

I thought Perk did a good job but got blocked around the rim a few times where he has the strength where he must go up hard.

Leon was huge tonight, he (and Perk too) really showed a much finer post game than I've seen from them last season; props to Clifford Ray.

I actually liked Tony today. He played hard for most of the game, got some steals, mainly stayed in front of his man and didn't force shots. I think he also solved the debate about whether he dishes when he drives as he had a number of wrap around passes to Leon and Baby especially which didn't really convert on the boxscore. His focus really seemed to go in the 4th quarter, where he took a lot more shots and stopped running in either offense or defense. That's forgivable though when up by 20 in my opinion (well, moreso than other times he's shown off his propensity to lose focus).

I hope nobody here was making the Scalabrine chant. It's an embarassment to everybody.

Did anybody else think Leon's flip shot that he banked in was actually purposeful? I've seen him do it a few times now. A final note, Leon is one of the people in the game where I'm confident that if he gets the ball he's going to either score/get to the line and make the right decision more often than not. Which is more than impressive for a bench player.

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2008, 11:17:02 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
what a great game from the Cs.  the announcers were gushing all over themselves about garnett and pierce being into it even though they were on the bench.  since when did they drink they kool-aid?

observations:
(2) Tony Allen isn't Posey, but he should fill the Posey shoes pretty well, at much less the cost.  I like what I see from him.

** and the Cs are going to have to pay if they want to keep him next season (Maxiel just got $5M per year -- probably going rate for Powe at this point)

If Big Baby and POB continues to improve, I can see Ainge moving Powe in a sign and trade. He is the only trade chip the C's have, if Ainge wants to keep the Big 3 together. 
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2008, 12:35:27 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
Here are my game notes.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2008, 12:38:41 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
what a great game from the Cs.  the announcers were gushing all over themselves about garnett and pierce being into it even though they were on the bench.  since when did they drink they kool-aid?

observations:
(2) Tony Allen isn't Posey, but he should fill the Posey shoes pretty well, at much less the cost.  I like what I see from him.

If Big Baby and POB continues to improve, I can see Ainge moving Powe in a sign and trade. He is the only trade chip the C's have, if Ainge wants to keep the Big 3 together. 

That would be a travesty.  You can see Powe as our only chip, or our best bench player.  I want this kid on our team for the foreseeable future.  I want Baby traded for whatever we can get.  We can package him for Scal or Giddens or Walker, or something.

I see Powe in green, not in Hornets colors, not after we let go of Posey.  Letting go of James is enough, letting the two of them go would equal a struggle to get back to the Finals.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2008, 01:12:59 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
what a great game from the Cs.  the announcers were gushing all over themselves about garnett and pierce being into it even though they were on the bench.  since when did they drink they kool-aid?

observations:
(2) Tony Allen isn't Posey, but he should fill the Posey shoes pretty well, at much less the cost.  I like what I see from him.

That would be a travesty.  You can see Powe as our only chip, or our best bench player.  I want this kid on our team for the foreseeable future.  I want Baby traded for whatever we can get.  We can package him for Scal or Giddens or Walker, or something.

I see Powe in green, not in Hornets colors, not after we let go of Posey.  Letting go of James is enough, letting the two of them go would equal a struggle to get back to the Finals.

Unfortunately, I agree with Chief on this.  I think Leon is one of the biggest realistic trade chips the Cs have.  Although, things will depend a lot on how the season goes this year.  EG: What would Ray Allen + [  ] bring back??
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2008, 01:15:53 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Didn't see the game but judging from the box score, it looks like Garnett and Perkins both had good games.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6