Author Topic: Al Harrington  (Read 6112 times)

Al Harrington
« on: October 29, 2008, 08:17:28 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Al Harrington has asked for a trade out of Golden State.. Would you want him? He has been fairly quiet I am sure people think he would be a head case but I never really heard anything about him being bad out west.. I think he would be a good fit here in Boston maybe send Big Baby Scal and something else there way? He could defiantly spread the floor out with the second unit and knock down the open shot. With Tony def. being able to take it to the rim could kick it out to him and Eddie for the open three.. What do you think?

Re: Al Harrington
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 08:26:26 PM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
First of all, there's no way GS just trades him for Baby and some other player. Then you have to consider he makes $20 million in the next two seasons, so the package would have to include some major players.

And purely talking about the player, i don't think i want to change the current roster to make room for a player like him. Granted he is talented and valuable but I just don't see it happening.

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 10:03:08 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Of course I would want Al Harrington and I'm sure most of the posters on here would agree. But there is no way we get him unless we give them Rajon Rondo. Even then it won't work because the guy makes like what? 20 million?

Big Baby and Scal could probably get us a player like Ike Diogu, at best. I don't think Big Baby has that much trade value around the league and no one wants Scal.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 11:01:32 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Al Harrington is a prima donna who doesn't defend, doesn't rebound and thinks he's better than he is. All he wants to do is score. He's not a team player and will never be a team player. I wouldn't even trade Scalabrine for him.  Seriously, that's how little I think of Harrington.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 11:35:06 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Al Harrington is a prima donna who doesn't defend, doesn't rebound and thinks he's better than he is. All he wants to do is score. He's not a team player and will never be a team player. I wouldn't even trade Scalabrine for him.  Seriously, that's how little I think of Harrington.

That's ridicolous. I would trade for Harrington in a heartbeat. The Celtics need another center and don't tell me Kendrick Perkins is the answer.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 11:56:29 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
Harrington isn't a center. He's a 6-9 guys who plays like he's 6-5 because he doesn't rebound.  He's too slow to play sf and too weak to play pf. The reason why he's asked for a trade is because Nelson won't play him for all of the reasons I've stated.

When Harrington was with the Pacers he would always trash talk Pierce.  Pierce just laughed at him and scored at will whenever Harrington was guarding him.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 08:56:15 AM by Brickowski »

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 05:58:29 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

That's ridicolous. I would trade for Harrington in a heartbeat. The Celtics need another center and don't tell me Kendrick Perkins is the answer.

He is only a C in Nellie ball.  The Celtics do not play Nellie ball. 

I like him as a backup SF, if he didn't take up so much cap room.

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 08:57:49 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
Well, if you're interested in washed up ex-Pacers, what's Jonathan Bender doing these days?  He can't walk, but at least he's a legitimate 7 footer.

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 10:05:16 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Scal is actually a valuable trading chip for, do not forget that he is a fairly hefty expiring contract soon, if teams are willing to wait till next season for that contract to expire. If not then his expiring contract will be even more valuable with all the stars coming up to free agencie.
So in my opinion you need to look at Scals contract in that sense.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 10:15:30 AM »

Offline stoyko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 77
Let's not overlook Scal's value in the locker room, at press conferences and giving high 5's.
NJ Nyets.
A.Iguodala,Nene,A. Brooks, H. Warrick, ,C.Delfino,MoWilliams,Nick Collison,Reggie Williams, T. Douglas, E. Barron,Q. Ross,James Anderson, Jeff Pendergraph

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 10:18:48 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Harrington is not a true center.  He doesnt play like one or nor is he really effective in the ways that the Celtics would need him to be in (defense, rebounding).

Not a good fit for this team.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Al Harrington?
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 09:08:44 PM »

Offline Newguy

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 13
Al Harrington wants to be traded and according to reports, Don Nelson is willing to accommodate.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3677648

Any interest in a 6'9" SF/PF for the Celtics?

Should the Celtics trade for a guy with this guy's reputation?

Can he settle with being a role player if he plays with PP, Allen, and KG?

Re: Al Harrington?
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 09:38:23 PM »

Offline RickyDavisfor3

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Sounds intriguing to me. I liked watching Harrington the passed two seasons. Would this situation mean he could be got for a little bit less than what he is worth, even if it isn't much less?
I have a feeling Powe for sure would be gone in any deal for him. And I like Leon, his story, his character, his screams after dunks, I like watching that too.

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 09:44:18 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
a player like him would be very useful, but he's not the guy.

1. he's really only an average player, so he'd be useful off the bench, but he has the mentality/ego of a starter, yet is really not good enough to start on our team.

2. Money wise, he makes 9.2 million. we'd need to trade either Perk and Scal or trade Ray or PP or KG for Harrington and another player. I must admit I would trade anyone but pierce or KG fro the right deal, but if you're trading Perk you'd better get a center back, and if you are trading Allen you'd better get a shooting guard or center, not a player to back up KG and Pierce.

3. Position. As I started to mention above, he's a 3/4, and we already have Pierce/KG. I like pierce much more at the 3 than the 2; assuming Ray improves a little bit back toward his averages, i'd rather start Rondo/Allen/Pierce/KG/Perk than Rondo/Pierce/Harrington/KG/Perk.

4. For our team, to make it worth our while, I don't think it would be worthwhile for Golden State. If we were to trade Perk and Scal, we'd need a center back, and G.S. doesn't have a center on rookie scale that we could take back with Harrington. If we were to trade Ray, we'd need to take back another 6.75 to 13.9 million or so in salaries besides Harrington. I would gladly trade Ray for Harrington and Biedrins or Harrington and Maggette or Harrington and Monta Ellis (once they can be traded, dec. 15th), or possibly harrington and Jackson, but Golden State would never do those, I don't think.

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Unless we trade Ray, I don't see how this happens.