Author Topic: League Pass Question  (Read 2059 times)

League Pass Question
« on: October 28, 2008, 03:05:46 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Recently saw that League Pass will give people access to streaming games on the Internet:

Does anyone know if I live in the Boston area will I be able to watch Celtics games streaming on the internet? I understand that most of the C's games would be blacked out on TV but I was wondering if the same holds true for Internet.

Re: League Pass Question
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 04:13:10 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
does anyone know if Dish Network will be getitng the league pass?  I called and said i'd drop if they didn't (i'm sure they care) but if tonight's game wasn't on ESPN i'd be really panicking.

mark
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 08:04:22 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I just spoke with a customer service rep with Dish Network, who said they were still in the process of negotiating with the NBA on renewing the contract.

When trying to pin him down on what the odds were of a renewal, he (understandably) gave me the non-committal "we're still negotiating."

I have had it for the past several weeks, so pre-season games have been available. I hope they will continue to grant access to games during the free preview period, and have things wrapped up by the time that ends (in early November).

If anyone gets any new info, please post it here. I'd hate to have to make a switch to another provider for this reason, but I will.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 09:38:15 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Direct TV NFL Ticket games, that stream live, are never blacked out.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 11:20:45 PM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
NBA League Pass Broadband will be subject to local market black outs so I suppose it means you will not be able to watch Celtics games on Internet in Boston.

NF.
#18 is coming...