Author Topic: Blazers Opener  (Read 4992 times)

Blazers Opener
« on: October 28, 2008, 02:15:21 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Is anyone else excited to see the Blazers opener tonight?

Re: Blazers Opener
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 02:23:46 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I would be more excited if it wasn't a game on west coast time.  I got to bed early during the week.  I will however, stay up to watch the C's doesn't matter how long they play til.

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 02:27:27 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I'll probably be watching it. Have the DVR set for the C's opener, will watch when I'm home from work, then tune into the Blazers game in progress.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 02:27:41 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
i'm somewhat intersted. i've decided that or this year the blazers earn the "western conferance team of interest" title with me, given to one team a year out there, who i will make an effort to watch games for.

last year it was the hornets, that worked out well.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 02:37:13 PM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

For me, it's kinda hard to be excited about anything other than the Celtics tonight, but they do interest me this season.  Not enough to stay up until 1:30 on a weeknight, but they interest me.

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 02:39:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

For me, it's kinda hard to be excited about anything other than the Celtics tonight, but they do interest me this season.  Not enough to stay up until 1:30 on a weeknight, but they interest me.
I have to echo this sentiment. There's something about a team that young and that loaded with talent that is intriguing but not enough so to draw my attention away from the Celtics opener or to keep me up until early morning.

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 02:46:43 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
i'll probably watch. the blazers are pretty interesting. they could be the 3rd title team that danny helped assemble! (Pistons, celts, blazers...and minny is #4 in 2012).

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 02:50:02 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I'd be more interested if it wasn't the Lakers they were playing. Too early for such a marquee matchup ... the Blazers youth and it being Oden's first game, this game would be much better in two-four months time.

Plus I'm disappointed about Martell Webster's injury. He's a big loss. Important glue guy for their overall balance.

But yeah I'll probably go out of my way to watch it. Should be good!

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 02:50:46 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

I have to echo this sentiment. There's something about a team that young and that loaded with talent that is intriguing but not enough so to draw my attention away from the Celtics opener or to keep me up until early morning.

I don't think it's just the "young" element that catches my interest, but younger players that I'm very excited to see play. Fernandez especially, I can't wait to see how this guys turns out (I've developed somewhat of a man crush with him) and obviously I'd like to see how Oden could hold up.

Even guys like Batum (who I was hoping the Celtics would pick) somewhat have my interest

Of course, my work hours (2-10) allow me to be that much more excited.

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 08:56:55 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

I was, until Greg Oden got injured then I turned in. Poor guy, I hope it's not serious.

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 09:01:50 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I was, until Greg Oden got injured then I turned in. Poor guy, I hope it's not serious.

Doesn't sound serious.  It does sound like the guy is just going to have these sort of things happen to him.
Yup

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 09:17:07 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Too bad for Oden. In what I saw he looked better than "Wilt" Bynum.

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 09:20:46 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Doesn't sound serious.  It does sound like the guy is just going to have these sort of things happen to him.

could this be one of those bill the prophet moments for the sports guy?

he said in one of his pre-draft columns that his concern with Oden was he looked kind of awkward on the court, and could be one of those guys thats always fighting to stay healthy.

far to early to say of course, but if i was a blazers fan, i'd be mildley concerned.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 11:31:43 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
oden got hurt again, although not serious.  he has potential to be another ralph sampson type of story (although sampson had some success in the nba before his string of injuries)

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 02:56:25 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
oden got hurt again, although not serious.  he has potential to be another ralph sampson type of story (although sampson had some success in the nba before his string of injuries)

Can you see us with Oden?
No KG, no Ray, no 'Ship.
Hmmm...