Author Topic: Preseason player efficiency rankings (Gerald Green and Scalabrine)  (Read 3573 times)

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_fromtherafters/218/20081022/who_is_playing_well_in_the_preseason/

I'll have to keep a close eye on Gerald this season. As for Scalabrine, I have no words to express his awfulness.

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Re: Preseason player efficiency rankings (Gerald Green and Scalabrine)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 09:14:23 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Thanks for posting the link.  Not sure what to make of the preseason ratings though, other than that Gerald Green and bunch of other unheralded people have played well in pre-season....

But I don't mean to dismiss Gerald.  I sincerely hope he becomes a solid NBA player.  Regardless of how well he does, though, I will forever be happy with the trade that brought KG to Boston so we could win #17.  Thank you Danny.

A few other things to notice from the ratings on the link: (1) Austin Croshere is ranked above Ray Allen (anyone who posted negative things about Croshere care to re-think your Croshere's skills?   ;D ;D ).  (2) Marcus Banks and Kendrik Perkins are rated the same -- I find this interesting since they were both drafted by Danny...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 09:20:02 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Good article.  Thanks Chief.

Yup

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 10:52:09 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
maybe gerald really can find a home.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 11:29:47 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I also wish Gerald Green well, until we play him. Then I want to see him spanked.

Scalabrine is a Celtic. Until he is not, I am loyal to him. Anything else would be uncivilized. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 12:06:51 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I also wish Gerald Green well, until we play him. Then I want to see him spanked.

Scalabrine is a Celtic. Until he is not, I am loyal to him. Anything else would be uncivilized. 8)

great chuck add
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 09:05:58 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish

As long as he stays on the bench, I can stay civilized. But as soon as he bricks four 3 pointers in a row, the gloves are coming off.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 10:29:13 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

As long as he stays on the bench, I can stay civilized. But as soon as he bricks four 3 pointers in a row, the gloves are coming off.

With so many good things going for this team and so many great things to write about, you sure spend a great deal of time and energy ripping a guy who isn't going to see much playing time this year. What is everyone's obsession with dogging on Scal?! The guy is a very likeable guy with a great team focus. He's at the end of our bench... Does everyone really not have anything worth talking about other than him?!

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 01:40:04 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
His preseason efficiency was the worst in the entire NBA (for people who played at least 40 minutes).I think that deserves some criticism. :-\

Larry Bird

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 02:09:21 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Thanks for posting the link.  Not sure what to make of the preseason ratings though, other than that Gerald Green and bunch of other unheralded people have played well in pre-season....

But I don't mean to dismiss Gerald.  I sincerely hope he becomes a solid NBA player.  Regardless of how well he does, though, I will forever be happy with the trade that brought KG to Boston so we could win #17.  Thank you Danny.

A few other things to notice from the ratings on the link: (1) Austin Croshere is ranked above Ray Allen (anyone who posted negative things about Croshere care to re-think your Croshere's skills?   ;D ;D ).  (2) Marcus Banks and Kendrik Perkins are rated the same -- I find this interesting since they were both drafted by Danny...
Gee, you might be taking this a little to seriously.

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 06:14:37 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
The preseason rankings are completely misleading because of the minutes played by people who might not even suit up when the games are real.

The other reality is that bench guys like Scalabrine, who know their spot on the roster is secure,  try to do more in the preseason than they do when the game counts. It skews the statistic completely.  Scal is an effective player once the games count in the limited minutes he gets because he doesn't try to do too much and knows where everybody is supposed to be defensively.

Hopefully Gerald gets an opportunity in Dallas.

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 07:57:19 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
His preseason efficiency was the worst in the entire NBA (for people who played at least 40 minutes).I think that deserves some criticism. :-\

I sure remember 2 big three pointers he hit in a game that was the difference in us winning. That being said, don't you have anything more valuable to add worth us reading than the 100,000 th "Bash Scal" comment? I don't care whether most people on here like Scal or not. He isn't going to make that big of a difference in us repeating or not. Let's at least try to make a comment though about something other than him being "the worst basketball player in the NBA"  because it is really getting old. He is what he is! There are 14 other guys on here that at least 10-12 will have an affect on our record. Got anything worth saying about any of them?!

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 10:23:32 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

I sure remember 2 big three pointers he hit in a game that was the difference in us winning. That being said, don't you have anything more valuable to add worth us reading than the 100,000 th "Bash Scal" comment? I don't care whether most people on here like Scal or not. He isn't going to make that big of a difference in us repeating or not. Let's at least try to make a comment though about something other than him being "the worst basketball player in the NBA"  because it is really getting old. He is what he is! There are 14 other guys on here that at least 10-12 will have an affect on our record. Got anything worth saying about any of them?!

I have exactly the same opinion on Scalabrine.

Great post, EJ

[Edited.]  No politics.  I'm pretty sure you've been warned before. -R.H.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 10:26:46 AM by Roy Hobbs »