Author Topic: Paul Pierce - A Trash Talker?  (Read 8704 times)

Re: Paul Pierce - A Trash Talker?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2008, 11:39:04 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
this is the article by the way:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?section=magazine&id=3659264

all the way to the bottom are the miscellaneous questions.

check out who the coaches, players, and GM's think is second in clutch situations behind kobe.

based on fans and statheads, seems players know the truth is clutch, but the analyst's hate continues :)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2008, 12:31:34 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
My problem is why was pierce not ranked as one of the top defenders, especially on the ball.  Granted KG is a great defender, but on the ball, pierce is a lot better.

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2008, 12:39:30 PM »

Offline Amir

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 48
my first though when i saw this thrad was honestly

sky= blue?

nothing wrong with trash talk. i support the chatty cathy's. :D

I never said anything was wrong with trash talking. I was just surprised of Pierce's finishing in the poll. Trash talking is a good thing, im a pretty good follower of it myself on the court. I always though Rasheed, Lebron, Arenas, were all up there but never figured so for Pierce.

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2008, 01:34:14 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
My problem is why was pierce not ranked as one of the top defenders, especially on the ball.  Granted KG is a great defender, but on the ball, pierce is a lot better.

if he defends like he did last year again he will be.

we forget, until recently, he was seen as a average defender at best. now, we've disscussed why that was, rightly or wrongly, attributed to him, but it was a stigma.

if he defends at an elite level again, mark my words, that "lazy defender, great scorer label" goes away for good.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2008, 01:38:46 PM »

Offline ThoHOVA1

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
LARRY LEGEND WAS THE BEST TRASH TALKER...

its part of th game ever since GOD knows...

TH

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »

Offline noro

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
  • Welcome to the Loud House
Last year 'Peace' wouldn't have made the top 30? Uh, yes he would have. He's always talked.

Granted, he has always 'talked', but so does everyone else in the league, and when you miss a month and shut down the season early, it's doubtful you could win that player vote, because who was listening? 

It would be kinda funny to find out who hates paul's guts the most, because unlike many trashtalkers, Pearce does seem to take it personal.  I remember hearing that Eddie Jones and PP had a grudge from day one of PP's rookie season.

I'm sorry for being the spelling police but come on man. Spell Pierce correctly.

And since when was trash talking bad for a game? It builds tension and leads to people playing harder or being completely off their game. Look at the impact college fans can have on players through chants and taunts. It works the same with player to player talking at all levels. Psyching your opponent out has a huge impact.

2003 National Champions

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2008, 03:10:05 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
We can trash-talk as much as we'd like seeing as how we are the CHAMPS BABY!
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland