Author Topic: So, what does everyone think?  (Read 21093 times)

Re: So, what does everyone think?
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2008, 08:45:38 AM »

Offline GWVan

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 8
I fear change

This is very upsetting

I still haven't got over the last time this site changed
Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2008, 09:35:35 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I've gotta admit, I'm seriously bummed out about it.  Didn't like New Coke either.

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 09:39:59 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I've gotta admit, I'm seriously bummed out about it.  Didn't like New Coke either.

In terms of feedback, what is it you don't like?  Is it the look?  Are there features you miss?  Is it harder to get around?

The SBN team is going to everything in their power to make this work, so the more feedback (positive or negative) you give, the better the end result will hopefully be.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 09:45:39 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

In terms of feedback, what is it you don't like?  Is it the look?  Are there features you miss?  Is it harder to get around?

The SBN team is going to everything in their power to make this work, so the more feedback (positive or negative) you give, the better the end result will hopefully be.

Yep, they have been great to respond to our question and comments for the past week as the staff worked closely with them to get this site working in a manner that was both similar to the previous version and upgraded at the same time.  (remember to drop them some major TP when you see them)

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2008, 01:14:39 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
the new site is sexy, but not nearly as user friendly as the old one - It seems I have to log in twice to get to the forums, and the forums are almost hidden - I think most of us would agree the forums are the reason to come to CB.... maybe I'll adjust, but so far I'm skeptical, I've found I haven't had the primordial urge to check cb from minute to minute as I used to.... addiction fading....
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 01:19:47 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
the new site is sexy, but not nearly as user friendly as the old one - It seems I have to log in twice to get to the forums, and the forums are almost hidden - I think most of us would agree the forums are the reason to come to CB.... maybe I'll adjust, but so far I'm skeptical, I've found I haven't had the primordial urge to check cb from minute to minute as I used to.... addiction fading....

We're thinking of ways to showcase the forums more with the new site design.  Any suggestions?  We're open to brainstorming.

(As far as logging in twice, that will eventually be replicated when a bridge can be built between the main blog software and the forums.  That may take awhile, though.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008, 01:34:59 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

We're thinking of ways to showcase the forums more with the new site design.  Any suggestions?  We're open to brainstorming.

(As far as logging in twice, that will eventually be replicated when a bridge can be built between the main blog software and the forums.  That may take awhile, though.)

Right now the font is tiny, and its hidden in the lower right corner, I'd bring it back to the left, make it a bigger, adequate sized font on the main page - maybe even keep the freshest topic or 2 as a headline.
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 01:52:05 PM »

Offline KevinGamble

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • MWMWMWMWMWMW
thanks for all your work!  Love to see that dedication to the fans.  my feedback is just a few thoughts that have to do with my feelings and reactions to the home site.

style wise the new site looks a little rigid and really showcases the advertising more strongly than before.  The adds are colorful and softer and the site uses lots of black, dark green (too dark) and crisp block sectioning (for me, it's too business-like, but that's your business.)  I like the openness and simple look of the old site with white or light green background-- that feels more friendly and easy to deal with.  the site looks like its for accounting or something with the shamrock in the bubble, how about an actual Celtics Logo somewhere? 

The banner "celticsblog 17 and countng" needs to be bigger or stick out a little, too, to feel more welcoming.

well thanks for all the hard work, team. 
"You're skating on pretty thin ice around here, McGee!"
"Sounds like the ice's problem."

2 for the Show!
GO CELTS!

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2008, 02:59:59 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Really growing on me. The thing I like the least is the fonts, but that's not important. Great work guys, happy to see the site moving forward.

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2008, 03:03:08 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
my main beef is just the celticsblog always had a really fun community and i feel like its being tarnished by this, but ill get over it

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2008, 03:34:19 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I agree that recent forum posts need to be more prominent. The blog posts on celticsblog were always secondary to the discussions in the forum.

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2008, 03:49:43 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
The site is just very busy, it's a little distracting. And there are some additions, like fan posts, that I'm not sure why they're there. It's snazzier, but I'm not sure that's a good thing. Thanks for all the hard work though.

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2008, 03:57:03 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
The site is just very busy, it's a little distracting. And there are some additions, like fan posts, that I'm not sure why they're there. It's snazzier, but I'm not sure that's a good thing. Thanks for all the hard work though.

The fan posts are meant to give a platform to members to post more substantive blogs, which we can elevate to the front page if they're quality enough.  I think they're a neat feature, but they're meant to supplement the forums, not take the place of them.

Celticsblog is the first site on all of SBN to have some forums, so their web people are still trying to get things right.  It will be a work in progress.

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2008, 04:23:07 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
my main beef is just the celticsblog always had a really fun community and i feel like its being tarnished by this, but ill get over it

How so?

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2008, 05:09:38 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
These changeovers are always a shock to the system, but its an odd and great feeling to be back and see all you guys.  I sometimes stop and think about how strange it is that instead of knowing you guys by your faces, I know you by your avatars and signatures.  Seriously, Roy Hobbs in my mind is an older, basketball-wise Gene Hackman.  Celticmaestro is John Locke with an orange peel in his mouth, etc.  I can't even begin to explain the disappointment I would feel if you guys look nothing like those images in reality, so let's all try to play the part...okay?

Great to be back.  And the season starts in two days!!!!