Author Topic: Isiah OD's on sleeping pills  (Read 2073 times)

Isiah OD's on sleeping pills
« on: October 24, 2008, 05:00:21 PM »

Offline PistolPete

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7

Re: Isiah OD's on sleeping pills
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 05:07:44 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Wow!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8715316?MSNHPHCP&gt1=39002

First topic I ever started.

for some familiar reasons I  am familiar with those ind of problems
those are really serious and its very difficult to quit on them
I think hi life isnt the best this days

I feel sorry for him

Hope he can do something about it

Edgar
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 05:22:31 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I thought this topic was about Isiah Rider and then I thought Zeke was dead. I was wrong twice. :P
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 11:21:12 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Isiah truly is a scumbag:

A suburban police chief likened the conflicting accounts of an accidental overdose at Isiah Thomas' home to a "cover-up" and rebuked the former New York Knicks coach Saturday for saying it was his teenage daughter who required treatment.

"It wasn't his daughter," Harrison Police Chief David Hall told The Associated Press. "And why they're throwing her under the bus is beyond my ability to understand."

Authorities were called early Friday to Thomas' Westchester County home, where police said a 47-year-old man was taken to the hospital and treated for an overdose of sleeping pills. Several media outlets reported that police confirmed it was Thomas who went to the hospital.

But reached on his cell phone Friday, the 47-year-old NBA great told the New York Post he had not been treated for a sleeping pill overdose, and that it was 17-year-old daughter Lauren who had a medical issue.

It "wasn't an overdose," he told the newspaper. "My daughter is very down right now. None of us are OK."

Hall forcefully refuted Thomas' statement.

"My cops ... know the difference between a 47-year-old black male and a young black female," Hall said.

What type of man deflects media attention to his 17 year old daughter after something like this?  If he had an overdose, accidental or otherwise, he should get the appropriate help, rather than subjecting his young daughter to embarrassment and scrutiny.

Isiah was not only a failure as a coach and a GM; he's a failure as a father and a human being, as well.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 11:26:14 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Isiah truly is a scumbag:

A suburban police chief likened the conflicting accounts of an accidental overdose at Isiah Thomas' home to a "cover-up" and rebuked the former New York Knicks coach Saturday for saying it was his teenage daughter who required treatment.

"It wasn't his daughter," Harrison Police Chief David Hall told The Associated Press. "And why they're throwing her under the bus is beyond my ability to understand."

Authorities were called early Friday to Thomas' Westchester County home, where police said a 47-year-old man was taken to the hospital and treated for an overdose of sleeping pills. Several media outlets reported that police confirmed it was Thomas who went to the hospital.

But reached on his cell phone Friday, the 47-year-old NBA great told the New York Post he had not been treated for a sleeping pill overdose, and that it was 17-year-old daughter Lauren who had a medical issue.

It "wasn't an overdose," he told the newspaper. "My daughter is very down right now. None of us are OK."

Hall forcefully refuted Thomas' statement.

"My cops ... know the difference between a 47-year-old black male and a young black female," Hall said.

What type of man deflects media attention to his 17 year old daughter after something like this?  If he had an overdose, accidental or otherwise, he should get the appropriate help, rather than subjecting his young daughter to embarrassment and scrutiny.

Isiah was not only a failure as a coach and a GM; he's a failure as a father and a human being, as well.

Oy.  Isiah needs to move to Siberia or something.  Just get lost.
Yup

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 11:58:01 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Jeeze.. what's wrong with this guy. I loved him when he was a player but ever since he started coaching, I think he's the biggest Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. in the world.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6