Author Topic: Austin Croshere  (Read 4608 times)

Austin Croshere
« on: October 23, 2008, 09:00:37 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Austin Croshere surprised he was waived by the pacers.. Does anyone think he could be a good pickup for the team? Just bored thinking of stuff let me know what you think!

Re: Austin Croshere
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 09:23:09 PM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
No

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 10:14:37 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
There are going to be a lot of players waived in the next couple of days and maybe a trade or two. There will be players better than Croshere available IMO. If we are patient and lucky, Danny will grab one that can help us.

Croshere is a version of Scalabrine and Walter McCarty that we just dont really need. I would rather pick up a guy like Linton Johnson that plays defense at the SF or a (3rd string) back up center. That is more of a realistic team need than what Croshere brings. We are 'fat' at the SG and PF position arent we?

All of this hinges of course on the availability of a roster spot. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 11:15:42 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think he could be an excellent pickup if he has anything left in the tank.  One thing this team is really missing is a 3/4/5 guy who can shoot (other than Garnett of course).  Right now, the only guy they have like that is Scal, and we all know he has looked worse than ever on offense.  I don't think I would cut anyone right now for Croshere, but if a spot was opened from a trade, he might be worth looking at.

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 11:30:22 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Watched two of his pre-season games, he doesn't have anything left and his long-range jumper simply disappeared (and that's why he got cut by the Pacers, which had all the incentives - especially in PR terms - to keep him in the roster). In no way, shape or form he's as good as Scal at this point.

Great guy and great pro, I've always been a fan of him and would love to have him around the game a couple more years.

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 11:40:30 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
No, but Croshere will be a useful pickup for another team.

He shouldn't be a rotation player anymore, but he'd provide solid depth behind that.

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 01:15:04 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
The Cs biggest need at this point is length and experience and depth at the 4/5.  If Croshere has anything left in the tank, he could be a nice pickup, but it is hard to figure out who would be cut.  If the Cs could get a 2nd rounder back for BBD, then I would trade BBD for the pick and pick up Croshere.  Other than that, I don't know about cutting anyone at this point.  At this point, I think Croshere could probably bring more to the table than POB; the benefit from POB comes from the fact that he is young and potentially has upside, but I dont like the idea that is more or less the 2nd option for the Cs at the C position at this point....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 05:17:39 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
I always liked Croshere and like someone said before i think it would be a very nice addition to our team if he had anything left in the tank. Unfortunately i think he has very little left. He was cut by the Pacers, and Bird really wanted him for his team...

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 07:56:09 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I definitely wouldn't trade BBD for Croshere.  I think Croshere is still a good scorer/shooter but that's about all he can do at this point.  I wouldn't even bother signing him if I was running another team.  At this point, I think we can assume that he's going to get hurt and miss most of the year like he has been doing in recent seasons.

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 02:03:37 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I've always hated Croshere. I think that's all I have to say on this matter.

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 02:45:06 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1807
Not a good fit for the Cs.  They need a long 3 that can defend and bang the boards....or is a consistent 3-point shooter that can rebound (oh yea...Posey).
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 02:50:34 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
one version of brian scalabrine is enough for me...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Why would the Cs want to sign Austin Scalabrini?

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 03:00:08 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Why would the Cs want to sign Austin Scalabrini?

Mk

Because he had a good game against the Lakers in the Finals a million years ago and made a career based on that potential.

Guess that's notreally a good reason, but it's the best I can come up with.
Yup

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 03:05:03 PM »

Offline The4Time2Doctor0

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 18
Scal can be frustrating to watch, but barring any injury we're only going to have to watch him towel waving and giving high fives; maybe passing out some water. he's not the worst 15th guy you could have on a team.