Author Topic: Why is Q-Rich still in the NBA?  (Read 5201 times)

Re: Why is Q-Rich still in the NBA?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 05:58:01 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
The answer is obvious, because he wants to collect his paycheck. But man, if I'm D'Antoni or Walsh, I'm trying my best right now to make a trade or buy out his contract. This guy flat out doesn't want to play. The shots he jacked up demonstrated that he doesn't want to put in the effort into helping a downtrodden Knicks franchise improve. Remember, this is the same Quentin Richardson who trashed the Celtics for having done nothing at this point in the season last year for all the hype that was manufactured immediately following the KG trade (which we lived up to and then some more). Even Donny "I like to say good things about everyone because I want everyone to like me" Marshall was trasing on him and Crawford and Randolph for taking horrible shots. I'm not the biggest Donny Marshall fan in the world by any means, but he hit the nail on the coffin with the comment about taking bad shots and how doing so will condition other teammates to want to seek out their own, since it's acceptable in that environment. Think about the polar opposite of said environment. KG probably is in everyone's heads, and everyone plays the right way because they understand the consequences for not putting in the maximum effort. In New York, to make a long story short, nobody wants to put in the necessary accountability on their respective shoulders to make the Knicks a respectable team. The talent is there, they should be better.

Contrary to your opinion(s) I believe Q-Rich has a plethora of NBA basketball left in him (he's only 27/28). His body has certainly acquired some more fat, but he's always been a big body for a small forward/shooting guard, which is why he gets a healthy amount of rebounds for a guy at his position. Additionally, i'm not sure if you are aware of this or not, but Mike Dan Tony (that's what I like to call him ;D) basically makes his squadron hoist up the rock 7 seconds into the 24-second shot clock (no joke).  Dan Tony is clearly going for volume shooting, and with volume shooting comes some poor shots.

I think Q-Rich is primed for a "comeback" year (of sorts) for the following 2 reasons:

1. He's actually got something to play for this season (a starting gig). Wilson Chandler is more (say it like Charles Barkley) AAAATH-ELLLLL-LET-IC but is very raw (and a rook), and Dan Tony will certainly give preference to his veteran (at least Q-Rich is in game shape unlike Curry).

2. Mike Dan Tony is his coach. Remember the last time Dan Tony was Q-Rich's coach? Yeah, well...he led the league in 3's that year (2004-2005).

Again, I'm not guaranSHEEDing anything, but I predict a "comeback year" of sorts for Q-Rich

This is a good post. I don't necessarily agree with it though, specifically because of D'Antoni's comments rooted in frustration over NY's poor shot selection and lack of effort. In his comments, he called out Crawford and Curry, but I'd be hardpressed to believe Q-Rich wasn't running through the back of his mind while airing out his discontent. He's the guy who really struck me out of all the cancers on that team as the guy who wants it the least, and potentially the most detrimental to NY's potential progress.

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 06:11:33 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
The answer is obvious, because he wants to collect his paycheck. But man, if I'm D'Antoni or Walsh, I'm trying my best right now to make a trade or buy out his contract. This guy flat out doesn't want to play. The shots he jacked up demonstrated that he doesn't want to put in the effort into helping a downtrodden Knicks franchise improve. Remember, this is the same Quentin Richardson who trashed the Celtics for having done nothing at this point in the season last year for all the hype that was manufactured immediately following the KG trade (which we lived up to and then some more). Even Donny "I like to say good things about everyone because I want everyone to like me" Marshall was trasing on him and Crawford and Randolph for taking horrible shots. I'm not the biggest Donny Marshall fan in the world by any means, but he hit the nail on the coffin with the comment about taking bad shots and how doing so will condition other teammates to want to seek out their own, since it's acceptable in that environment. Think about the polar opposite of said environment. KG probably is in everyone's heads, and everyone plays the right way because they understand the consequences for not putting in the maximum effort. In New York, to make a long story short, nobody wants to put in the necessary accountability on their respective shoulders to make the Knicks a respectable team. The talent is there, they should be better.

Contrary to your opinion(s) I believe Q-Rich has a plethora of NBA basketball left in him (he's only 27/28). His body has certainly acquired some more fat, but he's always been a big body for a small forward/shooting guard, which is why he gets a healthy amount of rebounds for a guy at his position. Additionally, i'm not sure if you are aware of this or not, but Mike Dan Tony (that's what I like to call him ;D) basically makes his squadron hoist up the rock 7 seconds into the 24-second shot clock (no joke).  Dan Tony is clearly going for volume shooting, and with volume shooting comes some poor shots.

I think Q-Rich is primed for a "comeback" year (of sorts) for the following 2 reasons:

1. He's actually got something to play for this season (a starting gig). Wilson Chandler is more (say it like Charles Barkley) AAAATH-ELLLLL-LET-IC but is very raw (and a rook), and Dan Tony will certainly give preference to his veteran (at least Q-Rich is in game shape unlike Curry).

2. Mike Dan Tony is his coach. Remember the last time Dan Tony was Q-Rich's coach? Yeah, well...he led the league in 3's that year (2004-2005).

Again, I'm not guaranSHEEDing anything, but I predict a "comeback year" of sorts for Q-Rich.

did you see the game last night? (not being a jerk, i just know alot of people chose to skip it. hell, i would of if i had anything to do hehe.)

mabey thats what he's protesting then, the new system, because he was throwing up bricks not shots. he wasen't even looking to see if they went in, or making a dribble move/ pass.

it was literally. get rebound, shoot disinterested lob over 2 defenders, turn away before it even clanged off the rim/glass and jog slowly back to your side of the floor.

dantoni pulled him after like the 6th one in a row.

he couldn't have been saying "forget you buddy" anymore clearly with his actions.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153

This is a good post.

[/quote]

Sooooooooooooo............TP for me? ;D ;)
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 07:44:24 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I would hate to be a NY fan right now.  Curry, Crawford, Marbury, Richardson, even Randolph... These guys can all drop 20pts on occasion, but what a horrible group of competitors.  I really don't think these guys care if they win or lose.  GM Walsh has a lot of moves to make, even if he has to take some losses on the trades.  It doesn't matter what coach they bring in, a team with guys like this will never compete or play defense.  It's like having 5 or 6 Mark Blounts on one team!