Author Topic: Lebron James opinion of Pruitt  (Read 17851 times)

Re: Lebron James opinion of Pruitt
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2008, 02:49:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
LeBron went easy on him.  I would have called Pruitt an irrelevant bum.

I got his point though. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 02:55:40 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2008, 02:51:34 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I got his point though. 

right, because he has the sample size to make such a judgment. kids played a stunning 40 NBA minutes or so, clearly enough time to judge him a loser with no potential.  ::)

ive decided OJ mayo sucks using the same logic. i have no proof or anything, but when has that ever stopped a good ol' fashinoed rush to judgement right?

his point, lol.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2008, 02:56:12 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Btw... anyone who says Paul Pierce schooled LeBron in the playoffs is a fool.   LeBron almost beat the Big 3 by himself.  Statistically he outperformed Paul in basically every way.  He was a dominant force that came 5 points from ending our season... but unlike Pierce he didn't have Kevin Garnett leading his team, another allstar sidekick and a the best defensive team in the league backing him up.  A couple balls bounce a different way and Bron wins that game... and everyone ends up talking about how LeBron is a god who stopped the far superior Celtics.

Bottom line:  You swap Pierce with LeBron... that series doesn't go 7 games.  The Celtics murder the Cavs in 4 or 5 games.  And Pierce gets shut down by the swarming defense of the Celtics.

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2008, 02:57:41 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Bottom line:  You swap Pierce with LeBron... that series doesn't go 7 games.  The Celtics murder the Cavs in 4 or 5 games.  And Pierce gets shut down by the swarming defense of the Celtics.

Good thing reality checked in so none of that happened.

if you swapped KG with that tall alien from space jam, we would have won in 4!
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2008, 02:59:05 PM »

Offline POBstuntin

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17
I think that LeBron was simply using his reputation to his advantage.  Getting in Gabes head a little, making him nervous.  Everyone remembers LeBron goin in Gilberts ears for those freethrows, and Gilbert bricking all of them.  Hes a very confident(cocky as hell) young man but he does in my opinion get it.  He knows that 9/10 times saying something like that to a guy like Gabe Pruitt is going to get them at least thinking about it and when they are thinking about what LBJ just said they ain't worrying about their defensive rotations, stepping out on a screen or going back on balance.  KG is the master of this, he pretty much scared Joel the Prizz, into not boxing him out.

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2008, 03:00:50 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

I got his point though. 

right, because he has the sample size to make such a judgment. kids played a stunning 40 NBA minutes or so, clearly enough time to judge him a loser with no potential.  ::)

ive decided OJ mayo sucks using the same logic. i have no proof or anything, but when has that ever stopped a good ol' fashinoed rush to judgement right?

his point, lol.

Crowsy... no you haven't.  

And I've heard superstars say these kind of things before.  Do you expect the best player in the league to offer praise to the 15th best player on our roster simply because the bum makes a shot in a meaningless preseason game?  He just spoke the truth.  Pruitt's lucky LeBron James even knows who he is.  It'll probably be the highlight of his career.  In a few years when Pruitt is a journeyman in Europe he can tell all his teammates on the bus, "OMG OMG... guise... one time LeBron James referred to me in an interview."

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2008, 03:07:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Pierce is my favorite player in the NBA.   

But that Cavs team last year was pretty darn similar to the 2007 Celtics team that finished 2nd to last in the NBA.

Z = Big Al
Wally = Wally
Delonte = Delonte
Boobie = Rookie Rondo
LeBron = Pierce

Maybe I'm stretching a little bit with that comparison... MAYBE...   But as much as I love Pierce...   I'm not going to be delusional and suggest that he would have taken the Cavs as far as Bron did last year.   Very very doubtful.   

And I love Pierce.   He's not LeBron though.

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2008, 03:10:29 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

I got his point though. 

his point, lol.

Crowsy... no you haven't.  

And I've heard superstars say these kind of things before.  Do you expect the best player in the league to offer praise to the 15th best player on our roster simply because the bum makes a shot in a meaningless preseason game?  He just spoke the truth.  Pruitt's lucky LeBron James even knows who he is.  It'll probably be the highlight of his career.  In a few years when Pruitt is a journeyman in Europe he can tell all his teammates on the bus, "OMG OMG... guise... one time LeBron James referred to me in an interview."

the mayo comment was a joke to show how ridiculous the irrelavant bum label was. it may turn out to be accurate, for mayo or pruitt or neither of them, but no one knows, nor will we for a year or two.

as to his exaltedness king james, no i dont expect him to praise pruitt. i expect him to keep his mouth shut and show some class and not mention a kid who has nothing to do with him in a deogatory way to a reporter.

i don't randomly insult the new people at my work place i see  because i've been here longer and am "more skilled". its not like i walk by someone training and go "don't bother, you suck man! BURRRRRNNNNNNNN"

EDIT: TP to hook for posting my take on james appropriate action at the same time lol.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 03:15:30 PM by crownsy »

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2008, 03:14:30 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Do you expect the best player in the league to offer praise to the 15th best player on our roster simply because the bum makes a shot in a meaningless preseason game?

No, I just expect the messiah to shut the hell up.  Like somebody said in an earlier post.  Pruitt has one more ring than the messiah.  He's more likely to get the second one before the messiah, who is the most coddled player by the officials in sports' history, gets one.

The messiah would go a lot further if he stopped his whining on the court as well.

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2008, 03:20:05 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Do you expect the best player in the league to offer praise to the 15th best player on our roster simply because the bum makes a shot in a meaningless preseason game?

No, I just expect the messiah to shut the hell up.  Like somebody said in an earlier post.  Pruitt has one more ring than the messiah.  He's more likely to get the second one before the messiah, who is the most coddled player by the officials in sports' history, gets one.

The messiah would go a lot further if he stopped his whining on the court as well.

Nah it's part of the game.  Bird and Jordan use to say some wicked stuff.  Even guys like Barkley.  Barkley's got the kind of personality where if you asked him, "hey what's your take on Gabe Pruitt" his response would be, "Who?" even if he had heard of him.

I wish I could pull up some examples for you guys, but this kind of stuff happens all the time.  In fact, I seem to recall Paul Pierce even dogging a couple of his young teammates a few years ago.

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2008, 03:22:20 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

crownsy, be wary of underrating that alien.  We have him, we take that best-of-seven series in three.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2008, 03:24:58 PM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
The simple answer to LeBron is the same as the answer to certain unnamed posters here: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."--Samuel Johnson.
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2008, 03:46:03 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Whats wrong with showing some class and just saying he made a good shot. End of story. But what he really should have done was fall to the ground and hold his neck like it had just been slashed. He should have that perfected by now with all the practice he had in the playoffs.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2008, 04:22:38 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

Nah it's part of the game.  Bird and Jordan use to say some wicked stuff.  Even guys like Barkley.  Barkley's got the kind of personality where if you asked him, "hey what's your take on Gabe Pruitt" his response would be, "Who?" even if he had heard of him.

I wish I could pull up some examples for you guys, but this kind of stuff happens all the time.  In fact, I seem to recall Paul Pierce even dogging a couple of his young teammates a few years ago.

Bird, Jordan, and  ;D Pruitt are NBA champions.  The messiah is merely a messiah.  Being Stern's binky does not lend the messiah credibility.  Perhaps the messiah should strive for an championship and try to get as many rings as Brian Scalabrine before he runs his mouth about a championship team's 15th man.

In spite of the patently obvious fact that the messiah is coddled and given treatment by the officials that no NBA player in history has ever been given, the NBA's most talented player can't claim what Pruitt can. 

Shut up and play, messiah.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 04:32:18 PM by Finkelskyhook »

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2008, 02:21:08 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235

crownsy, be wary of underrating that alien.  We have him, we take that best-of-seven series in three.

-sw

LOL TP.  Of course I specifically recall before the playoffs started calling the Celtics-Hawks would be over in 3 games.  I swear everyone took the bait on that joke.  Almost ate those words :-)

This thread has only further cemented for me that there will never be a meeting of the minds between Lebron Lovers and El BJ haters.  I am an unabashed El BJ hater, and even though I can sit here and admit Lebron is probably the best player in the league, I still don't like him, I still think he is overrated, and I still think he wouldn't be nearly as good without all the fake calls.  So if he says something that is similar to what Bird or Jordan might have said, that's fine.  I like Bird, I like Jordan, I don't like Lebron.  That's the difference.