Author Topic: Celtics Stuff Live! JB's Last Dance. Sun. 7:30 PM.  (Read 2647 times)

Celtics Stuff Live! JB's Last Dance. Sun. 7:30 PM.
« on: October 18, 2008, 10:45:32 AM »

Offline JB_Celticsstuff

• Author
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Please note the time change-Go Red Sox.

Out of nine lives, I spent seven
Now, how in the world do you get to Heaven?
Oh, you don't know the shape I'm in

Tonight will be my last as a member of the CSL team.

I am a "candidate for glaucoma " and have been advised to limit my computer use. I do not have glaucoma, but the pressure behind my retina was at a level which generally leads to it.

There is no damage to my eyes, the diagnosis was made timely and in fact, I had laser surgery on my left eye last Friday (right eye next Weds.) which lowered the pressure from 27 to 12. 21 is considered a danger point.
Since I use a computer continuously for my work, I will try to back off from most of my recreational use. No more fantasy hoops, no more show, limited message board use.

I had been spending 3-5 hours a day on these activities and will bring them down to a few 15-30 minute periods.
As I said, there is no vision loss at all and most likely there never will be, with periodic examinations.

Of course Celtics Stuff Live will go forward better than ever. "Jughead" and "The Duke" have some announcements to make; new co-hosts, media partnerships and expanded post game shows should be on the menu.

I do want to thank you all for the support you've given us over the almost three years the show has been running. It's been a great ride.

As for this week's show; I will be at Sunday's game and bring back any news from the Garden.

As the team gets closer to cut down day, speculation on the last roster spot remains.

We will also do our annual breakdown of the rest of the league. Who will be the contenders, the pretenders and the also rans ?

We hope you will join us.

If you want to participate in the show you can call our toll free number (1.866.751.9649), send us an e-mail to CSL@CelticsBlog.com, or join us in the “Pit” (the chat) during the broadcast. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 07:20:28 AM by JB_Celticsstuff »
JB - "Yes Indeed!"

Re: Celtics Stuff Live! JB's Last Dance. Sun. 8PM.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 10:51:15 AM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
JB it's been a joy listening to you on Celtics Stuff Live, you will definitely be missed.  Your tidbits at the end of the Celtics Stuff Live shows I always look forward to, always interesting stuff.

I may never call in, but I religiously listen to your slow to to get through my Mondays at work.  JB you always provide a wealth of info that is always great to listen to.

Hopefully you will be able to return at times for guest appearances.

Thank you very much for all you have brought to the show,

~J

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 11:18:41 AM »

Offline ek.

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
glaucoma ay?

I got two words for you my friend, medical marijuana.

In all seriousness though, you have been a joy to listen to for the past 2 plus years. You will be missed but not forgotten.

e
My Top Hip-Hop Albums of 2008
Elzhi - The Preface
J Live - Then What Happened?
DJ Muggs & Planet Asia - Pain Language
Little Vic - Each Dawn I Die
Reks - Grey Hairs

\\\\\\\"dont right checks my @$$ can\\\\\\\'t cash-
if hip-hop\\\\\\\'s dead then I\\\\\\\'m a

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 11:34:10 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that JB. I hope you're alright and don't end up with anything too severe.

You've been a joy to both listen and talk to. You'll be missed a great deal.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 11:40:40 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Can't you just turn off the monitor while you talk?

I know you guys use the computer to communicate and setup the show etc., but I bet you can find a way to talk without having to use the computer much.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 12:31:21 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
I'm trying not to engage in any JB-like speculation myself :-\
The old glaucoma excuse, heard that before ;)

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 01:19:19 PM »

Offline BigPerk43

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
JB - I'm really sorry to hear this new development and I hope you take care of yourself - you will be greatly missed on the show. I have enjoyed religiously listening to CSL for quite some time now and I hope there is some way to keep you involved with the show, sans a computer screen - best wishes

Dave from western mass

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 01:27:29 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
JB, you will definitely be missed.  I'm glad you're taking care of your health, and it sounds like things are already starting to improve.  Best of luck to you, and if you get a chance during those 15 to 30 minute internet breaks, pop in and say hello.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 05:27:36 PM »

Offline JB_Celticsstuff

• Author
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Thank you all for the kind words and the "nefarious" speculation...  ::)
As for the suggestion that I stay with the show and just keep off the computer while doing it..... that would work, except it's the two hours daily of reading news paper columns, blogs, magazine articles and message boards that keeps me informed enough to think of even being an "expert," or someone who it would be worth listening to.
I will pop into the pit from time to time and have been invited to appear as a guest as well. So you may not be completely done with me yet....  :P
JB - "Yes Indeed!"

Re: Celtics Stuff Live! JB's Last Dance. Sun. 7:30 PM.
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 10:52:38 AM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Sorry to hear about your condition and I, too, like the rest of the Celticsgreen bloggers wish you well. I'm pretty confident we will hear your inputs at some point

Regards Q
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

Re: Celtics Stuff Live! JB's Last Dance. Sun. 7:30 PM.
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 11:22:22 AM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
Yeah JB! Look forward to hearing you as a guest. And no small part of your appeal is your voice and laid back demeanor, which you should be very proud of. You'll still be very effective even without tons of reading.
Also, I don't know how far along the technology has come, but there is software that lets you copy/paste text into it, and a voice reads it aloud for you. I think the biggest issue is the monotone voice, but it's definitely something to look into ;)