Author Topic: Rumor: trade in the horizon?  (Read 23076 times)

Re: Rumor: trade in the horizon?
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2008, 02:14:37 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
How about Kevin Garnett for Stephon Marbury? We need a scoring combo guard off the bench. I think Starbury could fill the role.

You'd have to throw the Knicks Rondo as well. I'm going to run out and get the Starbury tattoo on my forehead.

Watch tonight when Marbury goes to the free throw line, no one on his team wants to slap him five. I noticed this last game. Marbury goes out of his way to slap five with guys on his team and all of them look like they want no part of him.

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2008, 03:25:46 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I have in idea: let's propose trades for good players instead of bad players (Josh Boone) or one-legged players (KMart).

I like Boone.  He is a serviceable C in the NBA.  He would make for a good backup C. 

What would you honestly expect out of a trade involving Pruitt and Davis?

Alot more than Josh Boone.  Pruitt and Davis are both better players. In fact, I really like the way Gabe and BBD are playing right now and I'm not anxious to trade either one of them.

I'm too lazy to peruse all 29 NBA rosters at the moment, but I'd be looking for teams with short rosters as the best trading partners for the C's, since the C's will want to do a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 deal.  Charlotte is one of those teams, but I'd be asking for Jermario Davisdon, not Adam Morrison. Oklahoma City is another team that needs bodies, and if it's a "big 3" they're after, the Celtics  could do worse than Desmond Mason. Sure, we'd all like Shane Battier as the perfect Posey replacement but that's simply not realistic. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 03:31:22 PM by Brickowski »

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2008, 03:33:03 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I have in idea: let's propose trades for good players instead of bad players (Josh Boone) or one-legged players (KMart).

I like Boone.  He is a serviceable C in the NBA.  He would make for a good backup C. 

Alot more than Josh Boone.  Pruitt and Davis are both better players. In fact, I really like the way Gabe and BBD are playing right now and I'm not anxious to trade either one of them.

I'm too lazy to peruse all 29 NBA rosters at the moment, but I'd be looking for teams with short rosters as the best trading partners for the C's, since the C's will want to do a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 deal.  Charlotte is one of those teams, but I'd be asking for Jermario Davisdon, not Adam Morrison. Oklahoma City is another team that needs bodies, and if it's a "big 3" they're after, the Celtics  could do worse than Desmond Mason. Sure, we'd all like Shane Battier as the perfect Posey replacement but that's simply not realistic. 

Really?  Which one has started as many games and almost averaged a double double in the NBA? 

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2008, 03:36:34 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
If BBD played 25 minutes a game, he'd average 8 pts and 7 rebounds too.

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2008, 03:43:27 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

But he didn't.  He hasn't even won the the 2nd PF spot.  Powe is still ahead of him.

Boone on the other hand is a C.  He averaged 9.8 points and 8.5 rebounds as a starting C. 

Boone is the type of backup C the Celtics could use to keep KG from having to defend the larger C in the league. 

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2008, 03:56:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Guys I can't name my source so take this with a grain of salt... but I heard a rumor that there is a trade rumor on the horizon.

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2008, 03:58:10 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
Guys I can't name my source so take this with a grain of salt... but I heard a rumor that there is a trade rumor on the horizon.

could you elaborate on this?

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2008, 04:13:56 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason

could you elaborate on this?

no, because it is a poor attempt at humor...
God bless and good night!

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2008, 04:19:08 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker

But he didn't.  He hasn't even won the the 2nd PF spot.  Powe is still ahead of him.

Boone on the other hand is a C.  He averaged 9.8 points and 8.5 rebounds as a starting C. 

Boone is the type of backup C the Celtics could use to keep KG from having to defend the larger C in the league. 

What's wrong with Patrick O'Bryant?  And if O'Bryant doesn't pan out, there are 5-6 perfectly affordable big men who who be way ahead of Boone on my shopping list.

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2008, 04:32:02 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason

What's wrong with Patrick O'Bryant?  And if O'Bryant doesn't pan out, there are 5-6 perfectly affordable big men who who be way ahead of Boone on my shopping list.

POB = too soft
Powe = too short

what is so hard to follow?  this is what the pundits are saying.  if you disagree with it, fine, but this isn't rocket science.

also: please list your list if you want to discuss it.  i doubt any of your wishlist is reasonably attainable given our assets at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 04:40:54 PM by BrickJames »
God bless and good night!

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2008, 04:50:28 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

I concur.  Boone is a good rebounder and defender.  He can score occasionally, but can be a major handicap from the FT line.  I'd trade BBD and Pruitt for him, I think.

I wouldn't. I think Pruitt is a good option to have in case Ray or Rondo gets hurt, which is not unlikely (ray because of his ankle history and Rondo because he hits the ground hard often).

Say Ray gets hurt, Then the starting 2 off the bench is Tony, which is fine, but you'd want to back him up with E House. Without Pruitt, the back up point is Sam I Am and I don't have that much confidence in Sam. If Rondo goes down, I assume the starting PG is Eddie. With Pruitt, Eddie can play off the ball on offense.

Boone is a good player, I just wouldn't give up a solid PG prospect and a versitle defensive big for him, because of how this team's been constructed. You want to trade Scal and BBD for him, sign me up.

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2008, 05:05:22 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
Non-exclusive list of affordable big men who are better than Josh Boone:

Ryan Anderson
ZaZa Pachulia
Jason Smith
Theo Ratliff
Aaron Gray
Amir Johnson
Jason Collins
Chris Mihm
Spencer Hawes

I won't even bring up players like Nick Collison or Jeff Foster, since they are probably out of reach.

Boone has zero offensive skills.  I'm unimpressed by the fact that he was able to get minutes with a bad team and put up some garbage time numbers.

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2008, 05:10:23 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Ryan Anderson
ZaZa Pachulia
Jason Smith
Theo Ratliff
Aaron Gray
Amir Johnson
Jason Collins
Chris Mihm
Spencer Hawes

Amir Johnson is going to be starting in Detroit, he's not even remotely available. There's no way Atlanta makes their bench worse by getting rid of ZaZa. The Kings are in the middle of a rebuilding process and Hawes is a legit 7-Footer, doubt he's available. And the rest I don't think are better than Boone. But I'm with you that I think PJ is a better fir for our second unit, His game compliments Powe's nicely.

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2008, 05:16:10 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
Robert Swift??
We all know hoe much Danny loves him..

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2008, 05:18:38 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Ryan Anderson
ZaZa Pachulia
Jason Smith
Theo Ratliff
Aaron Gray
Amir Johnson
Jason Collins
Chris Mihm
Spencer Hawes

I won't even bring up players like Nick Collison or Jeff Foster, since they are probably out of reach.

Boone has zero offensive skills.  I'm unimpressed by the fact that he was able to get minutes with a bad team and put up some garbage time numbers.

Is Anderson even in the NBA?

Zaza is not know to be a banger.

Smith is out for most the year.

Ratliff is so fragile

Gray has done nothing.  

Johnson weighs nothing and is not attainable.

Jason Collins doesn't play offense or rebound

Mihm is injured prone

Spencer Hawes is out of reach.

Boone wouldn't be here for his offensive skills.  The Celtics already hope to have that in POB.   He would be here to fill the Perk role of physical defender to cover the big Cs the Celtics do not want KG guarding.