Author Topic: Rumor: trade in the horizon?  (Read 23180 times)

Re: Rumor: trade in the horizon?
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2008, 05:50:00 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Now, if Danny could extort Outlaw - or even Joel the Vowel - out of Portland for the rotting, fetid corpse of Darius Miles, that would be extortion of the highest value.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2008, 08:19:47 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
BBD and Giddens for Sean Willaims

He isn't a 7 footer, but Sean Williams would be a good fit for the Cs roster.  The Nets have a lot of young bigs (Yi, Boone, Lopez, Swift, Najera), and the defensive oriented Willaims might get lost on that team is it rebuilds.  A widebody like BBD who can step out and do other things on offensive might be a better fit. The Nets could also use an athletic young SG, like Giddens. 

The Cs might have to throw in a future 2nd.  I think NJ is going to have trouble trying to develop four young bigs at the same time, so someone's got to go. 

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2008, 08:25:02 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

He isn't a 7 footer, but Sean Williams would be a good fit for the Cs roster.  The Nets have a lot of young bigs (Yi, Boone, Lopez, Swift, Najera), and the defensive oriented Willaims might get lost on that team is it rebuilds.  A widebody like BBD who can step out and do other things on offensive might be a better fit. The Nets could also use an athletic young SG, like Giddens. 

The Cs might have to throw in a future 2nd.  I think NJ is going to have trouble trying to develop four young bigs at the same time, so someone's got to go. 

Physically he would be a good fit, but I don't know if he has the mental game the C's are looking for.

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2008, 09:25:55 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Shawn Williams is a leaper with no discernible basketball skills.  Horrible idea.  The only Net players who might conceivably help the Celtics are Bobby Simmons, Eduardo Najera and perhaps Ryan Anderson, who looks like he might be the second coming of Matt Bonner.

The rest of that roster is garbage.  That includes the selfish, petulant Vince Carter, the vastly overrated Devin Harris, the soft Chinese kid who is hopelessly lost on defense, Williams, Boone, a tweener who can't shoot, and that God-awful rookie stiff center from Stanford who fouls incessantly.

I see the silver-haired Bryan Hill over there on the Nets' bench, just waiting to be named interim coach when Lawrence Frank is fired.  That firing will be unfair, because not even Red Auerbach could win with that collection of stiffs.   

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2008, 11:34:54 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
the simplest answer is to just cut sam cassell...he's no longer needed.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2008, 11:37:37 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
the simplest answer is to just cut sam cassell...he's no longer needed.

"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat...and wrong." - HLM
God bless and good night!

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2008, 11:48:52 AM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25

I like this idea! I don't think NJ will be interested in Giddens though. maybe they will take Pruitt instead. He played well against NJ and they don't have a depth at that position. Harris seemed to have a tough time playing against Priutt and we could use this to our advantage.

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2008, 02:11:10 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

I like this idea! I don't think NJ will be interested in Giddens though. maybe they will take Pruitt instead. He played well against NJ and they don't have a depth at that position. Harris seemed to have a tough time playing against Priutt and we could use this to our advantage.

And our backup point would be Cassel then?  Pass.
And what has Sean Williams shown anyways?  Can we try to think up trade ideas for guys that aren't so overrated?

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2008, 08:13:51 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Scal, Pruitt, Davis, O'Bryant, Cassell, Giddens, Allen, and House for Kenyon Martin works on trade checker.

But we would have to wait until 12/23 because of trade restrictions...
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2008, 08:26:20 AM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Scal, Pruitt, Davis, O'Bryant, Cassell, Giddens, Allen, and House for Kenyon Martin works on trade checker.

Oh Michael Anthony, how wrong you are !!! And then have what for a bench ? I am thinking that House and O'Bryant will be role players, with Allen being the 6th man. Might work on the trade checker, but doesn't pass the common sense test. Not razzing you cause your my cube neighbor either ;-).
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life" - Red Auerbach

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2008, 08:43:55 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I have in idea: let's propose trades for good players instead of bad players (Josh Boone) or one-legged players (KMart).

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2008, 09:06:10 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117

Oh Michael Anthony, how wrong you are !!! And then have what for a bench ? I am thinking that House and O'Bryant will be role players, with Allen being the 6th man. Might work on the trade checker, but doesn't pass the common sense test. Not razzing you cause your my cube neighbor either ;-).

Razz away, that was pure sarcasm
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2008, 01:29:29 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I have in idea: let's propose trades for good players instead of bad players (Josh Boone) or one-legged players (KMart).

I like Boone.  He is a serviceable C in the NBA.  He would make for a good backup C. 

What would you honestly expect out of a trade involving Pruitt and Davis?

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2008, 01:35:33 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I like Boone.  He is a serviceable C in the NBA.  He would make for a good backup C. 

I concur.  Boone is a good rebounder and defender.  He can score occasionally, but can be a major handicap from the FT line.  I'd trade BBD and Pruitt for him, I think.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2008, 01:40:05 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I concur.  Boone is a good rebounder and defender.  He can score occasionally, but can be a major handicap from the FT line.  I'd trade BBD and Pruitt for him, I think.

Why not?  As a starter last year, he provided 9.8 and 8.5 in under 30 minutes a game.