Author Topic: Will doc play the young guys once the season starts?  (Read 1707 times)

Will doc play the young guys once the season starts?
« on: October 17, 2008, 11:11:40 PM »

Offline Bidder225

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
There is a lot of chat and exceiment about the youth we have this year and rightly so.  I am one of those who love to see our young players develope but the fact is that Doc is very cautious about giving time to rookies and youth.  In fact, the last few years it seemed he had to be left with no other option before he would give them a chance.  Look how it unfolded for Gomes and a few others.  I am not takeing a shot at Doc, I just want to know if you guys think anything has changed.  Once the season begins, will Pruit or Walker see much meaningful time on the court or not?

Re: Will doc play the young guys once the season starts?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 11:34:38 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
I think they both get some minutes.  Pruitt is a combo guard who can defend both positions much better than House or Cassell, and Bill Walker will probably line up against 3's that are too big for TA. 

Giddens will be in the D League for the year, I'm guessing.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 11:41:09 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think they both get some minutes.  Pruitt is a combo guard who can defend both positions much better than House or Cassell, and Bill Walker will probably line up against 3's that are too big for TA. 

Giddens will be in the D League for the year, I'm guessing.

I think you are probably right about this.  Pruitt and Walker will likely be used on a platoon like Powe and Davis were last year.  Doc will try to use them in favorable matchups as the 4th wing.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 11:52:43 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I think Doc will play four guys - House, Tony, Powe, BBD.

He'll likely choose a fifth sub (smallest role of the bunch) which will be one of the three perimeter guys - Pruitt, Walker, Giddens - I thought Giddens was the frontrunner during the summer but now I think it's Walker. Also, POB has shot (I think a small one) at unseating BBD.

I think the big question is does Doc use the first few games of the season to solidify his rotation rather than blood the younger players, like he did last season ... perhaps to get Tony Allen comfortable and confident in his new role.

That's my expectations anyway.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 11:57:13 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
POB had 4 blocks tonight. I think he begins the season ahead of BBD by default, because of his height.