Author Topic: Petition for Bob Cousy  (Read 2642 times)

Petition for Bob Cousy
« on: October 17, 2008, 07:05:18 PM »

Offline The Incredible Hulk

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
I hadn't seen this posted anywhere here:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ComcastHatesCelticsFans/

I just read about this on boston.com...

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2008/10/petition_for_co.html

I'm not sure if it will have any effect, but seems like a good start.

Now, we just need to start one called "No More Donny Marshall on Road Games".  ;D

Re: Petition for Bob Cousy
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 07:28:08 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
I completely understand the firing of Bob Cousy.  He was out of touch and really didn't bring much to the table as a commentator.  With that said I cannot stand Donny Marshall.  He is fine for halftime shows but I really hope Comcast isn't planning on having him be the long-term replacement for Tommy.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 10:10:48 AM »

Offline JS33

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 2
I hadn't seen this posted anywhere here:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ComcastHatesCelticsFans/

I just read about this on boston.com...

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2008/10/petition_for_co.html

I'm not sure if it will have any effect, but seems like a good start.

Now, we just need to start one called "No More Donny Marshall on Road Games".  ;D

One might consider contacting Comcast's sponsors too and letting them
know how upsetting this is to us fans of the Celtics.
I Pity the Fool !!

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 01:08:58 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I completely understand the firing of Bob Cousy.  He was out of touch and really didn't bring much to the table as a commentator.  With that said I cannot stand Donny Marshall.  He is fine for halftime shows but I really hope Comcast isn't planning on having him be the long-term replacement for Tommy.

i agree with you on your stance on cousy.  i love and respect the guy for what he has done for the celts, but he is completely out of otuch.  he admits to barely watching any of the games and is clueless when it comes to evaluating talent outside of the celtics.  i know he can bring some things to the table, but i think the negatives far outweigh the positives he brings.

tommy is special in the way that he is able to link the old school game, tradition, passion, and knowledge and apply it to todays game.

with regards to donny, i like how he breaks the game down and i think he has solid chemistry with gorman.  my biggest beef with him is his constant name dropping, which drives me nuts, lol.

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 01:10:52 PM »

Offline The4Time2Doctor0

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 18
who cares if hes out of touch. he might not know the players but he knows the game.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 01:16:06 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202

Obviously I cannot not watch the games.  But I pledge for the next year I will not purchase goods from those who advertise on Comcast.  It's the only real protest I can offer forth.
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 01:26:53 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
who cares if hes out of touch. he might not know the players but he knows the game.

for my taste in watching games, i care.  yes he knows the game, but the inability to evaluate or even know the players is a negative attribute for my taste in watching.

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 02:29:35 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73

i agree with you on your stance on cousy.  i love and respect the guy for what he has done for the celts, but he is completely out of otuch.  he admits to barely watching any of the games and is clueless when it comes to evaluating talent outside of the celtics.  i know he can bring some things to the table, but i think the negatives far outweigh the positives he brings.

tommy is special in the way that he is able to link the old school game, tradition, passion, and knowledge and apply it to todays game.

with regards to donny, i like how he breaks the game down and i think he has solid chemistry with gorman.  my biggest beef with him is his constant name dropping, which drives me nuts, lol.

I bet pretty much anyone could have solid chemistry with Gorman.  The name dropping gets on my nerves  but mostly I just want  commentator who is a part of the Celtics tradition and brings something new to the table.  Tommy is one of the most unique game-callers out there and to replace him with Donny Marshall, who IMO is just a cookie-cutter commentator, is ridiculous.

I think Donny Marshall could be solid on a TNT or ESPN broadcast.  He has not done anything to earn the right to call Celtics games however.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 12:46:51 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

i woudn't be surprised if donny slept in a ray allen jersey.