Author Topic: ATTN: Posters who live in the Boston area  (Read 4991 times)

ATTN: Posters who live in the Boston area
« on: October 17, 2008, 10:40:10 AM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 26
Is there anyplace that sells sweatshirts, tshirts, etc with just the Celtics logo?  Or merchandise that isn't designed with the 18-26 year old demographic in mind?

I'm having a hard time finding a sweatshirt (not a hoodie) with the logo on the front.  Most of the stuff at the official team store (and the NBA store---and Ebay) isn't suited for my age, etc.

Many thanks

(PS.  Received my Celtics/Thunder tickets in the mail the other day.  The ONLY redeeming value to me of the Sonics moving to OKC is that I only have to drive 2.5 hours now to see the C's  ;D )

Re: ATTN: Posters who live in the Boston area
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 11:02:59 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Is there anyplace that sells sweatshirts, tshirts, etc with just the Celtics logo?  Or merchandise that isn't designed with the 18-26 year old demographic in mind?

I'm having a hard time finding a sweatshirt (not a hoodie) with the logo on the front.  Most of the stuff at the official team store (and the NBA store---and Ebay) isn't suited for my age, etc.

Many thanks

(PS.  Received my Celtics/Thunder tickets in the mail the other day.  The ONLY redeeming value to me of the Sonics moving to OKC is that I only have to drive 2.5 hours now to see the C's  ;D )

If you don't mind my asking, where are you, GLS?  I'm buried in the Midwest for parts of the year, and I was somewhat excited about the OKC move...until I realized that my geographical sense is terrible and OKC is actually 450 miles away   ::)

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 11:09:37 AM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet
If you don't mind my asking, where are you, GLS?  I'm buried in the Midwest for parts of the year, and I was somewhat excited about the OKC move...until I realized that my geographical sense is terrible and OKC is actually 450 miles away   ::)
-sw

only 450 miles?  pfft...that's just  a 7 hour drive  :)

I live in far NE Oklahoma...on Grand Lake.  OKC is about 180 mile drive for me. 

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 11:17:51 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 11:20:51 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego
-sw

only 450 miles?  pfft...that's just  a 7 hour drive  :)

I live in far NE Oklahoma...on Grand Lake.  OKC is about 180 mile drive for me. 

Gotcha...still a hike, but it will be well worth it for some pro hoops (especially Celtics hoops!), I'm sure.  :D

I'm a tad frustrated with that state right about now seeing as the Cowboys strolled into Columbia and upset my Missouri Tigers this past weekend.  Rough times there...

-sw

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 11:31:44 AM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet
Gotcha...still a hike, but it will be well worth it for some pro hoops (especially Celtics hoops!), I'm sure.  :D

I'm a tad frustrated with that state right about now seeing as the Cowboys strolled into Columbia and upset my Missouri Tigers this past weekend.  Rough times there...

-sw

I'm not a Cowboys fan....but don't hate....I am a Sooners fan (as is girlfriend; I'm slowly converting her into a Celts fan as well  ;D )

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 11:35:03 AM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet
Reggie's Ghost---thanks for the links.  The one thing I would buy of all the merchandise you found is the first link...but it is a shirt for youth only.

Hell, I think I would rather spend the day in the Boston area Goodwill stores looking for stuff...seems that the gear from the 80's-early 90's is more my style. 

I still have all my shirts, sweatshirts, Starter jackets, etc from that era.  Sadly, it all must have shrunk or something.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 11:35:32 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego

-sw

I'm not a Cowboys fan....but don't hate....I am a Sooners fan (as is girlfriend; I'm slowly converting her into a Celts fan as well  ;D )

Bah, even worse  :o...over the last season and a half, Mizzou is 17-3 overall and 17-0 against teams from the 49 states  not named Oklahoma...and your boys are responsible for two of 'em.  That Big XII title game was rough times...

...but in my book, allegiance to the green far outweighs all else, so I've got no problem coming to detente over college football...especially if you're bringing new converts into the fold  :)

-sw

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 11:37:21 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Still Ballin'
I'm feeling like the ugly girl at the dance, are you still interested in your OP?

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 11:39:09 AM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet
I'm feeling like the ugly girl at the dance, are you still interested in your OP?

Oh yes....I replied to your links you sent me.  Mucho thanks once again.

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 11:41:55 AM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet

Bah, even worse  :o...over the last season and a half, Mizzou is 17-3 overall and 17-0 against teams from the 49 states  not named Oklahoma...and your boys are responsible for two of 'em.  That Big XII title game was rough times...

...but in my book, allegiance to the green far outweighs all else, so I've got no problem coming to detente over college football...especially if you're bringing new converts into the fold  :)

-sw

I was at both of Mizzou's losses to OU last year......and through OU, I have my Big 12 title game tickets....if OU gets to it now......

I still see Mizzou getting to the title game.  North is just too weak.  Uterus just has to slip up twice now.  I don't see that happening at all.

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 11:46:57 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Still Ballin'

Oh yes....I replied to your links you sent me.  Mucho thanks once again.

Gotcha, my bad.  I just looked up Boston Celtics on Amazon.com they've go tons more where those came from good luck with your search.

BTW, I agree, the new space age Celtics stuff kinda flies in the face of the old traditional logo, thats why you always see people who still are wearing their gear fro the 80's moth holes and all!

Good luck

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 11:50:43 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego

Heh, I'll take the blame for that one.  Guilty as charged for (accidentally, I promise) hijacking that into Mizzou football talk.  My bad, Reggies Ghost  :D

-sw

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 12:21:09 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Still Ballin'

Heh, I'll take the blame for that one.  Guilty as charged for (accidentally, I promise) hijacking that into Mizzou football talk.  My bad, Reggies Ghost  :D

-sw

Haha its all in good fun, can you imagine if we all were walking around mad about being snubbed on cblog...