Author Topic: Is Rondo a bit shy?  (Read 5975 times)

Re: Is Rondo a jerk?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 10:22:17 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Josh Howard. Good point.

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 10:23:53 AM »

Offline johnnymost

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
  • This year
If you haven't figured it out, extremely competitive people are not paid to be nice. They are paid to win. You have to understand what it's like to be a public figure, and a newly anointed public figure like him. Larry Bird had a real tough time at the  beginning of his career because every idiot asking the same question was in his face.. You may have caught him in a moment where some jerk had been rude to him right before you walked up, and he had had enough of the bs. Maybe he had a bad practice. YOu really don't know. Media relations are so difficult for these guys. They are the opposite of politicians. They would really rather not have to talk to anyone, and let the box scores do the talking.

Exception #1 - Dennis Rodman

No more waiting

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 10:24:35 AM »

Offline GreenTeam31

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 1
He is definitely not a jerk. I lived down the hall from Rondo until he moved out last spring. I am a HUGE fan but I think its important to keep some dignity and respect people's privacy, so I never tried to bother him. I hardly ever saw him because I work all day and he obviously is out at the games or on the road most nights, but my wife and son would frequently see him around during the day and he was always friendly and polite to them. He was very well liked by everyone because he was quiet, respectful, polite and very unassuming. You would never guess he was a NBA player unless you already knew who he was. Very refreshing and makes it that much more enjoyable to root for him knowing he's a nice guy.

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 10:29:02 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
A (girl) friend of a friend went to Kentucky and said that Rajon was a "player" who was arrogant in his approach to women (her in particular). She also said he was a sweet guy. I've got no complaints with his personality nor do I have any with his basketball skills.

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 11:25:48 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Too many good responses to answer one in particular.

I wish I would have chosen a less polemical title.
Just to make it clear, I never thought Rondo would be a jerk, of course.
Rondo is one of my favourite players on the team, and I`m glad he`s a Celtic.

I`ve just read this blog and didnīt know what to make of it.

There are stories about Bill Russell and autographs that exceed this story by far. I don`t know a lot about the private life of our starting PG, but this is the second time that I hear he would be a bit difficult(the first time was the story I mentioned in the OP), so it made me think(obviously not enough). I guess, even if it would be true, PGs have to be a bit difficult, all the great artists are  ;)

Good to have Celticsblog to talk about my inner fears^^
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:33:09 AM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 11:26:53 AM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
Last summer I was on the subway here in nyc, and met some guys from Louisville, KY, where Rondo is from. I asked about him, and while they liked him and his game, they said he knocked up his teammate/roommate's girlfriend, which was a big part of the bad chemistry on the court his sophomore year at Kentucky. I looked it up on the web and found some references to it, but it doesn't prove anything.

I've never brought it up before, and even if it did happen, he was 19 at the time and probably learned a lot from it. I love that his goal is to become the best PG in the league.

Re: Is Rondo a bit shy?
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 11:36:35 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
He is a terrible shooter.

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 11:51:49 AM »

Offline nica_sainz

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
well, anyone can have a bad day. you cannot judge one person for something like this.

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 12:17:42 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Just came across another photo of Rondo, maybe sheds some light on things:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Martian_man.jpg
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 12:21:32 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Just came across another photo of Rondo, maybe sheds some light on things:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Martian_man.jpg

J'onn J'onnz, I'm upset they killed you.

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 01:57:59 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Doesn't sound like a jerk.  He was ready to take a picture with a fan, but when he saw it was a camera phone, he said no.

With all the athletes that get in trouble because of people snapping them with camera phones, I would not be shocked if the NBA has spent a lot of time telling their players to avoid getting caught in a camera phone.  

Okay, maybe I'm stupid, but what's the differance if he used a regular camera or a phone camera? I mean if it's because of taping, my digital camera takes videos. Besides, what was he doing that he would care if he was taped? I really confused.