Author Topic: 30 Teams In 30 Days: Orlando Magic  (Read 1817 times)

30 Teams In 30 Days: Orlando Magic
« on: October 17, 2008, 04:41:33 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
For those unfamiliar, basically what I'm doing is making decent-sized team previews, one per day in alphabetical order. Today's featured team is the Orlando Magic.

Teaser:

Of course, Battie gives the Magic another interior defensive presence and adds depth along that front line, but the offensive end of the floor is where Battie will help out most. Throughout the 07-08 season, with Tony Battie out of action the whole year due to a torn rotator cuff, just 29% of Orlando’s shots came in the form of a mid-range jumper. That was good for dead last in the NBA, as the league average in that category rests as a percentage in the low-40’s. Battie gives the Magic a medium-range shooting threat and another guy for Dwight Howard to defer to when doubled in the paint.

Battie may score just five-to-seven points per game, but he adds much-needed versatility to Stan Van Gundy’s offense.

Read the Full Article Here

Coming Soon: Philadelphia 76ers

Previous Entries:

30 Teams In 30 Days: Atlanta Hawks
30 Teams In 30 Days: Boston Celtics
30 Teams In 30 Days: Charlotte Bobcats
30 Teams In 30 Days: Chicago Bulls
30 Teams In 30 Days: Cleveland Cavaliers
30 Teams In 30 Days: Dallas Mavericks
30 Teams In 30 Days: Denver Nuggets
30 Teams In 30 Days: Detroit Pistons
30 Teams In 30 Days: Golden State Warriors
30 Teams In 30 Days: Houston Rockets
30 Teams In 30 Days: Indiana Pacers
30 Teams In 30 Days: Los Angeles Clippers
30 Teams In 30 Days: Los Angeles Lakers
30 Teams In 30 Days: Memphis Grizzlies
30 Teams In 30 Days: Miami Heat
30 Teams In 30 Days: Milwaukee Bucks
30 Teams In 30 Days: Minnesota Timberwolves
30 Teams In 30 Days: New Jersey Nets
30 Teams In 30 Days: New Orleans Hornets
30 Teams In 30 Days: New York Knicks
30 Teams In 30 Days: Oklahoma City Thunder
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

Re: 30 Teams In 30 Days: Orlando Magic
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 10:31:27 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Don't sleep on Marcin Gortat ... he can play and he'll be ahead of Foyle in the rotation. Making Orlando one of the best and deepest (plus Battie) teams in the league at center.

Jameer Nelson is the man that decides whether Orlando are true a contender or a second tier side. When he's assertive and acts as a playmaker/penetrator Orlando are incredible. When he doesn't they're vulnerable. It's really that simple .... and he's driving SVG nuts with his inconsistency and reluctance to use his abilities.

Nelson has had a good summer and a very good training camp, but he's played lousy in the games, so I don't know what to expect but it's shifting to the lower side of the spectrum.

I want to see how a big lineup of Dwight-Battie-Lewis-Hedo works. Either with Nelson or Courtney Lee at the point. That lineup will tell a lot about how Orlando should form their roster going forward.

Re: 30 Teams In 30 Days: Orlando Magic
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 10:41:23 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Don't sleep on Marcin Gortat ... he can play and he'll be ahead of Foyle in the rotation. Making Orlando one of the best and deepest (plus Battie) teams in the league at center.

Jameer Nelson is the man that decides whether Orlando are true a contender or a second tier side. When he's assertive and acts as a playmaker/penetrator Orlando are incredible. When he doesn't they're vulnerable. It's really that simple .... and he's driving SVG nuts with his inconsistency and reluctance to use his abilities.

Nelson has had a good summer and a very good training camp, but he's played lousy in the games, so I don't know what to expect but it's shifting to the lower side of the spectrum.

I want to see how a big lineup of Dwight-Battie-Lewis-Hedo works. Either with Nelson or Courtney Lee at the point. That lineup will tell a lot about how Orlando should form their roster going forward.

Yea definitely true on how Orlando's success seems to ride on Nelson.  Starting off last year he played pretty well and the Magic were a force.  He then cooled down a bit and the Magic weren't as strong later in the year.