Author Topic: time for beckett and lester to redeem themselves  (Read 2452 times)

time for beckett and lester to redeem themselves
« on: October 17, 2008, 02:49:51 AM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
especially beckett who has done nothing this year. I know he could be slightly injured but nobody was as injured as schilling in 02 imo. He is getting paid alot of money and needs to somehow get us a win.

What i noticed about the rays is that they feast on high fastballs. (except prob pena who feasts on low fastballs)

Beckett just has to stop trying to strike everyone out and be a pitcher in the sense of mixing and matching his pitches. Throw sliders, curves, changeup and you can easily get by with a 89-90 fastball.

once again he needs to pitch as if one day his fastball wont' reach 95 mph consistantly anymore and he wants to have a long great career in the league

Lester was on a rare night off in game 3. If the sox pull out another win and take it to game 7, lester i'm sure won't mess up another one. I noticed he was confident at first that game, got hit a little and then started to get too fancy. IMo if he uses a ratio of 3 to 1 offspeed stuff vs fastball , he has a higher chance from becoming hamered. Once again this rays team is an amazing fastball hitting team(honestly bj upton cranked a papelbon 97 mph pitch like it was a joke for a double)

Re: time for beckett and lester to redeem themselves
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 03:04:51 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I just can't picture Beckett getting shelled for the third time in a row during the postseason.  I think he will come out firing.

At this point I'll steal a quote from my good friend Kobe; "Win game 6, and I PROMISE you we'll win game 7"

I believe this to be true.  Here's hoping the Sox don't lose game 6 by 39 like Kobe's Lakers did.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."