Author Topic: Better Than Last.....  (Read 2326 times)

Better Than Last.....
« on: October 16, 2008, 06:29:25 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
We Won Last Year on talent period. However, how many of you got the feeling we never really clicked offensively With The three Studs. Granted there body's will slow down this year, but not there minds and certainly not the chemistry. I thought we would be a better team in year 2 as soon as the trades went down. This Year will be are greatest team this decade with the big 3. Next year the age Will be more of a factor. This IS the year The Big 3 will be at there Absolute best. In mind and in Body.

Re: Better Than Last.....
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 06:58:49 PM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
As a great as the Celtics were in the regular season it took them 26 playoff games to win the championship, which is a record. Some people could make a case that they were the worst nba championship team this decade. But we all know that award goes to the 2006 Miami Heat.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 07:05:08 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
As a great as the Celtics were in the regular season it took them 26 playoff games to win the championship, which is a record. Some people could make a case that they were the worst nba championship team this decade. But we all know that award goes to the 2006 Miami Heat.
The Miami Heat were a pretty [dang] good team.  As were the Celtics and every other team that won a chip in the past decade.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 07:57:17 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
My point wasn't that we were amazing last year, but we did win the freakin title. It's that we will be MUCH MUCH better this year with 1 year exp. Again the only reason we won last year was because Are Big 5. Was by FAR the best in the NBA.  This year we have again the best 5, but now they are playoff tested, and they have a much better idea of who everyone else is, and what there job is. And this years Celtic team will be the best team of the Decade.

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 08:07:11 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
The Miami Heat were a pretty [dang] good team.  As were the Celtics and every other team that won a chip in the past decade.

Well I hope they were good... but he said the worse championship team this decade.  And I think that is hands down miami.  They couldn't beat the Lakers, Spurs, Pistons or Celtics.

But back on topic... I think that any of the hunger that fades after winning a championship (which won't be much... these guys want to cement a serious legacy) will be offset by familiarity and a new comfort level.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 04:57:41 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73

Well I hope they were good... but he said the worse championship team this decade.  And I think that is hands down miami.  They couldn't beat the Lakers, Spurs, Pistons or Celtics.

But back on topic... I think that any of the hunger that fades after winning a championship (which won't be much... these guys want to cement a serious legacy) will be offset by familiarity and a new comfort level.

I defintely think the Heat could have beaten any one of those teams.  DWade,, Shaq and a team full of talented role players can beat anyone on any given night IMO.  JWill, Posey, Walker (when he was still solid), Alonzo, Haslem, and Gary Payton is a fantastic supporting cast. 

If I had to choose a worst team I would have to say the Pistons.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 05:09:59 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Doc was constantly talking about how he didn'tfeel we'd seen their best ball yet in the playoffs last year (until Game 6 of the Finals - when he said "That's whatI was talking about")
Yup

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 05:11:43 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I don't think we figured it out offensively until the ECF. That's when the balance between star players and role players really came together. The team learned to feed the hot hand while not neglecting everyone else. I think just about every one of the big 3 had one really big game along with a few of the others.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 10:35:26 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Enough with the platitudes and let's just see em play.
Last year's championship roster had more experience (Posey, Brown, Cassell, etc.)

This year's team has some up and coming young talent and some retreads looking to resurrect their careers.  (Powe, Walker, Pruitt, TA, Miles, etc.)

We'll just have to see who pans out, but I think at least a few of the guys I mentioned above will be key contributors, and we'll make some more moves to complete the roster at the trade deadline.