Author Topic: Adam Morrison  (Read 14014 times)

Adam Morrison
« on: October 16, 2008, 04:30:39 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
There was some talk Of Adam Morrison might be getting dealt from the Bobcats the so i Did a trade checker and I put in Scal Big Baby and Gabe for Adam and it worked a little fantasy here but maybe a future 1st round pick as well? Just wondering what your thoughts would be on that.. bored sorry folks.

Re: Adam Morrison
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 04:38:34 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I'd rather have BBD and Pruitt.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 04:38:48 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I'd rather have Scal  :o
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 04:40:33 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107

haha Beat me to the punch line.  So true though, and also very sad. 

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 04:46:59 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
I would trade morrison for scal straight up.. throw in BBD if we have to..
Morrison's contract expires next year i think..

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 04:48:57 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

El Jefe right on the mark.  Injury issues last year, and he was putrid as a rook.  I'll pass.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 05:07:35 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Morrison sucks of defense even more than Scalabrine sucks on offense.

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 05:10:51 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

How could you say such a thing about the next Larry Bird!  :o

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 05:22:07 PM »

Offline hankfinkel

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 36
Morrison is the greatest fraud perpetrated on the top 3 picks in NBA history.  There have been big busts, but this kid never had a shot.  How NBA execs could not see this is beyond me.  Yeah, he lit it up at Gonzaga while playing no defense, not rebounding, not distributing, and really not having an offensive game that translates to the NBA well especially with limited physical tools. 

Seems like a good kid and his managing diabetes while playing at even Division I basketball is a good story, but he is a terrible NBA player and always will be.

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 05:24:47 PM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
I knew this thread was coming, but I didn't think it would take this direction.   LOL.  Are TPs superfluous for our fearless leader?  Here's one anyway. :D
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 05:25:47 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

How could you say such a thing about the next Larry Bird!  :o

Morrison's the only guy in NBA history who could make Bird's mullet/mustache combo look good next to. 

OK, maybe Kaman.
Yup

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 05:27:18 PM »

Offline POBstuntin

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17
Let me first state I want nothing to do with AM but he has only played 1 year as a rookie and is recovering from an ACL tear.  He had good games a rookie, especially against the celtics.  I think if he can get his confidence back up he could be pretty good.

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 05:30:33 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
I don't know what you guys are talking about.  He was a candidate for rookie of the year his only season in the league.  He certainly wasn't worth a 3rd overall pick but is a far better player than Scal.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 05:56:31 PM »

Offline bballjesus623

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 1
I don't know what you guys are talking about.  He was a candidate for rookie of the year his only season in the league.  He certainly wasn't worth a 3rd overall pick but is a far better player than Scal.

Not really.  He only was in contention for ROY because he played a ridiculous amount of minutes. THat season his PER was 7.9, Scal's was 6.6.  Throw in a ruptured achilles on his already average athleticism and you have scraps.

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 06:07:06 PM »

Offline hankfinkel

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 36

He was a rookie of the year candidate for some of the year in one of the worst rookie classes ever.  His only skill is scoring and he did not do that very well and very inefficiently shooting 38% from the field and 71% from the line.  He did nothing else, in 30 minutes as game he got a whopping 3 rebounds and 2 assists while and a season of steals and block that can nearly be counted on two hands all the while playing epically bad defense.  If Scal was allowed take 12 shots a game in 30 minutes he would score right about the same as Morrison, but get many more rebounds and play better defense, get as many assists and many more blocks and steals.  Dont get me wrong, Scal is awful, but Morrison is very passive out there, and he was that way in college too except when trying to score himself.