Author Topic: Free Darko (well actually, trade him to the Cs)  (Read 12511 times)

Re: Free Darko (well actually, trade him to the Cs)
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 02:30:56 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Sorry, but even after the Gasol trade I don't think Chris Wallace would fall for this.

Anyone feel that, with the emergence of Marc Gasol, that it wasn't such a bad deal for Memphis in the end?
Yes, it's a good deal for Memphis. The Darko experiment has failed. Losing his contract and lowering their cap in the process is a big plus for Memphis .... even if they have no use for the players heading their way, the cap savings would be worth it.

Just because it's a good deal for them doens't mean it's the best deal they could get. I'd like to think the Grizzlies could get an expiring contract or some player(s) of value to them, maybe even a throw in low draft pick.

I wouldn't do it if I were Danny though. Darko is paid too much. If Perkins wasn't here then yes I would, but he is so there's no need. That money is better spent elsewhere.

A fair point. Memphis may be able to find a better deal, though Darko IS overpaid and time are tight for alot of teams. I admit I hesitate to give up Pruitt AND Baby in the same deal. I'm not sure I can take a full season of House or Sam, House or Sam? I'd like to see Pruiit get some minutes, especially with that stroke.

What else is out there? I'd rather have Darko at $7mil than Mikki Moore at $5.5mil. I still say Sean Williams is worth taking a crack at of he could be had, far more so than POB.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2008, 11:12:34 AM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
sean williams seems like he would be awesome here defensively. but man, does that dude NOT look happy. i'm not doing a paul pierce "waa he frowns too much" thing.williams usually just looks really p---ed off to me. is he an ubuntu dude?

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2008, 12:01:38 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
sean williams seems like he would be awesome here defensively. but man, does that dude NOT look happy. i'm not doing a paul pierce "waa he frowns too much" thing.williams usually just looks really ****ed off to me. is he an ubuntu dude?

Well...  when he had to choose between his teammates and pot, he chose pot.  I think that answers the "ubuntu" question.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions