Author Topic: The King's Prince.  (Read 9047 times)

Re: The King's Prince.
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 10:09:13 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
First post since the playoffs last year.  It's good to be back. 

Lebron is pretty much all set this year and I think the Cavs are gong to be a very real threat in the east.  This is going to be the first year he is not required to run the point to get any sense of offense established.  Mo Williams is more than capable of running the point and also happens to be able to shoot the ball.  Lebron has his spot up shooter, Gibson.  People look past him, but he was injured last year and never got into a rhythm.  He is healthy this year and is ready to spot up and hit 3s on a regular basis.  Please watch tape of Game 6 against DET in the Eastern Conference Finals 2 years ago for an example of what he can do.  If they need some defense and intensity they can bring in Delonte.  Mo and Z are going to run the pick and pop freeing up Lebron to work off of screens.  Celtic fans got a glimpse of what it is like to try and guard Lebron when catches the ball in motion, it isn't pretty.  Varejao actually looks like he cares this year, which will also help.  Of course, the Cavs also have a 12 million dollar expiring contract to bring in another superstar if need be.  I have a feeling the Cavs will be looking for a PF to bring in at the deadline.  Just not sure who yet. 

It is very hard for me to see anyone but the Cavs and Celtics meeting in the ECF this year.  Hopefully the Cavs make their short bank shot at the buzzer this year and take the series (well, hopefully for me at least).
Welcome back MMac, our man from Cuyahoga County(just a guess). Good to see you return. You need to start a thread and give us all your very astute impressions of whats happening in Cavalierland. I think it would make a great post.