Author Topic: Someone Tell Donnie Marshall to shut up!  (Read 7892 times)

Someone Tell Donnie Marshall to shut up!
« on: October 14, 2008, 08:54:51 PM »

Offline The Incredible Hulk

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
I can barely watch the game, because this guy just doesn't know when to stop talking.

Somebody please tell him that it's not the pre-show and he doesn't have to fill every second with his commentary....

This is the best guy the world champion Boston Celtics could get for a commentator to sit next to Mike Gorman? Even Scott Pollard would be better.

I can't take it... please tell me I'm not alone.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 11:43:05 AM by Jeff »

Re: Someone Tell Donnie Marshall to SHUT UP!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 09:11:35 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I don't really have a problem with him.  I think he is doing a decent job. 

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 09:25:46 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I don't really have a problem with him.  I think he is doing a decent job. 

Me too. He used to get on my nerves and he's no Tommy, but he's a good guy to have in the telecast.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 09:42:42 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Hulk: you are not alone.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 09:51:57 PM »

Offline ek.

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
the beauty of league pass is that they chose the announcing team based on whose home. so im not going to miss a single tommy game and i will miss every single donny game.

ps.

jeesus christ the sox suck (delcarmen just walked the bases loaded)
My Top Hip-Hop Albums of 2008
Elzhi - The Preface
J Live - Then What Happened?
DJ Muggs & Planet Asia - Pain Language
Little Vic - Each Dawn I Die
Reks - Grey Hairs

\\\\\\\"dont right checks my @$$ can\\\\\\\'t cash-
if hip-hop\\\\\\\'s dead then I\\\\\\\'m a

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 10:30:06 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Yeah, I'm with you, he's pretty boring. Talks too much, indeed, has to find his rhythm yet, I guess. And talks too much about himself as well: "When I was playing with Kidd in the Nets we were so good that everybody wanted a pass first pg bla bla bla...", "when I played with Ray Allen..". No need to keep saying this things unless there's some kind of good story to tell. Also needs to cut the praise he gives in the form of cliches... Ilgauskas can really shoot from 19ft...yeah, okay... oh the King, oh he weighs 2331 tons.... too many cliches for my taste, I'd rather listening to someone talking about the actual game. And then there's the tone, really bland, no enthusiasm at all, but it was only a pre-season game so it's understandable. Eh, he may improve and become serviceable.

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 10:31:07 PM »

• Sam Hauser
Beginning of 3rd quarter.... Marshall: "Rondo is what you call Amphibious, Mike... He really can use both hands and is so cute with those little shots"

The word is ambidextrous...

The thing is he feels the need to comment after every made basket, or whenever Mike Gorman is not speaking... and none of his comments have any value. They always basically have the same theme..

This guy is "insert word", he really knows his role on the team and doesn't "play outside of himself".

...or "the thing about "insert name here", he's one of those "insert retired players name here" type of players for a team like the "Celtics or visitor team", that can bring some "insert attribute here" that this team could really use...

If any of you have the game on DVR, listen to his comments, and you'll realize how he sucks SO BAD!

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 10:33:18 PM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Put the TV on mute if the bothers you that much. I really doubt he bothers you enough to make you not watch the game.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 10:35:31 PM »

• Sam Hauser
Yeah, I'm with you, he's pretty boring. Talks too much, indeed, has to find his rhythm yet, I guess. And talks too much about himself as well: "When I was playing with Kidd in the Nets we were so good that everybody wanted a pass first pg bla bla bla...", "when I played with Ray Allen..". No need to keep saying this things unless there's some kind of good story to tell. Also needs to cut the praise he gives in the form of cliches... Ilgauskas can really shoot from 19ft...yeah, okay... oh the King, oh he weighs 2331 tons.... too many cliches for my taste, I'd rather listening to someone talking about the actual game. And then there's the tone, really bland, no enthusiasm at all, but it was only a pre-season game so it's understandable. Eh, he may improve and become serviceable.

Exactly... I knew I wasn't crazy. The dude needs to go back to the studio, and Comcast needs to find a good match for Mike Gorman to do the road games.

Dare I say it... I think even Greg Dickerson could do a better job.

The only way he'll be nay good at in game commentary is if he stops talking so much, and let's Gorman bring him into the game, rather than jumping in after every possession. I'm sorry... he just completely ruined this game for me, and I can't see him getting much better.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 10:36:49 PM »

• Sam Hauser
Put the TV on mute if the bothers you that much. I really doubt he bothers you enough to make you not watch the game.

Did you watch the game?

I'll sign up for league pass and watch the home team's commentators instead if this is what it's going to be like.

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 10:39:10 PM »

Offline The4Time2Doctor0

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 18
hes not that bad

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 10:57:00 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Beginning of 3rd quarter.... Marshall: "Rondo is what you call Amphibious, Mike... He really can use both hands and is so cute with those little shots"

Hulk, like I said before, I agree with you, but to be fair to DM - that was a joke, referring to when the great Charles Shackleford used the term in that same context, only he meant it.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 10:57:01 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i've always hated the guy and his resume isn;t exactly the strongest either.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 11:01:29 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235

So what you're saying is it doesn't make you feel so strongly you give up on the team, you shouldn't have an opinion on the matter?

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 11:15:25 PM »

• Sam Hauser

Hulk, like I said before, I agree with you, but to be fair to DM - that was a joke, referring to when the great Charles Shackleford used the term in that same context, only he meant it.

I had no idea... so I'll take back that one.  ;)

Anyway, I had to comment about this dude after reading the letters that CSN sent to a lot of you guys about the firing of Bob Cousy... I noticed how they referred to Donnie as "has proved himself a TERRIFIC addition"... and I'm saying to myself, I don't remember him being "terrific" by any means.

So, tonight I really listened and quickly realized this guy is truly horrible. I mean epic failure horrible....

And this is the guy they are grooming to take over for Tommy?