Author Topic: Teams looking to get physical with us? OK!!  (Read 4191 times)

Re: Teams looking to get physical with us? OK!!
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 06:45:58 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Im with ya incoherent. Listen his screeches are yells of emotion. Look at Alonzo Mourning and on our team KG these guys make those sounds after every block or powerful dunk. The kid is playing with heart and fire unlike JR Giddens out there who is playing well but not on any emotion or heart. In the media and to any educated observer its clear who is ahead of the curve in the rookie class this year for the C's. Thats one Mr. Bill Walker. Stop acting like a bunch of whiney geezers and stand behind Your own Boston Celtic who wont take any funny business from opposing players even if they are a superstar. Hes definatley a guy id want on my team and i think the other C's would say the same thing.

Re: Teams looking to get physical with us? OK!!
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 08:13:11 PM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
As much as I hated the way Houston played us last nite it was a great lesson for the C's. It was also a great lesson for Walker. The intent of the dirty play is to 1.  start a fight to get a Celtic tossed; 2.  make the C's lose their composure and concentration. It didn't work last year and it won't work this year. The most disappointing thing in this approach by other teams is that poor officiating continues to allow it to develop as a strategy. Sooner of later someone's gonna get hurt and I just hope it's not one of our guys. Oh for the days of Bill Laimbeer when Bird or Parish could beat the *&$%^ out of him and the refs not making a call.