Author Topic: Oh Tommy....  (Read 10531 times)

Oh Tommy....
« on: October 09, 2008, 12:49:57 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Terrible announcing tonight, I understand he probably needs these pre-season games to warm up but how many times did he not finish his thought and Mike would have to speak up to fill the awkward silence.

Not to mention all of the unreliable information he was giving us based on what I could see with my own eyes.

Re: Oh Tommy....
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 12:54:53 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
you have to bear with Tommy he is very old and was probably doing the game drunk. I feel like eventually they will have to pull the plug on him for being senile.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 01:02:32 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Haha well his call of the Walker dunk just got the end of the Sportscenter opening.

"He powered it through, I mean powered it through.  IN YOUR FACE!"

Great stuff.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 06:51:01 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Tommy is beyond criticism to me.  The day he retires will be a sad, sad day for Celtics fans.  I don't care if he's not the most informative announcer; he's the most enthusiastic, and he bleeds proverbial green.  That's good enough for me.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 07:38:42 AM »

Offline blueygreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
Tommy is beyond criticism to me.  The day he retires will be a sad, sad day for Celtics fans.  I don't care if he's not the most informative announcer; he's the most enthusiastic, and he bleeds proverbial green.  That's good enough for me.

Agreed. I have nothing to add

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 07:45:53 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

agreed.

sometimes, i wish we could still give anti-tommy points :-\
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 07:47:57 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Terrible announcing tonight, I understand he probably needs these pre-season games to warm up but how many times did he not finish his thought and Mike would have to speak up to fill the awkward silence.

Not to mention all of the unreliable information he was giving us based on what I could see with my own eyes.

Bite your tongue!
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 07:59:38 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
This is ridiculous.  If you don't like Tommy go watch NBA league pass or something.  You'll find that the commentating around the league doesn't even come close to the c's.  It's kind of like Boston radio compared to the rest of the country. ;)
Tommy may have his faults, but he easily brings the most flavor of any announcer in the league. 

I love Tommy!  He is so funny.  He's like the comic relief that always roots for us and regardless of if he finishes all of his rants he still knows a hell of a lot about the game. 

Things I liked about his commentating last night.

* Him not finishing his thoughts and Mike filling in.  (love mike too)
* Him breathing heavily over the microphone when he wasn't talking.
* His passion and the nice things he said about the young kids.
* Him yelling when Billy had his dunk.

And last but certainly not least-

* When the ball rattled in the rim and Tommy rolled his tongue and made up a new word- (TP if someone can remember what word he invented)
I was laughing so hard.  Ahhh gotta love Tommy. 
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 08:03:17 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
TP for all the Tommy fans, the originator of the Tommy point!

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 08:08:15 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
This is ridiculous.  If you don't like Tommy go watch NBA league pass or something.  You'll find that the commentating around the league doesn't even come close to the c's.  It's kind of like Boston radio compared to the rest of the country. ;)
Tommy may have his faults, but he easily brings the most flavor of any announcer in the league. 

I love Tommy!  He is so funny.  He's like the comic relief that always roots for us and regardless of if he finishes all of his rants he still knows a hell of a lot about the game. 

Things I liked about his commentating last night.

* Him not finishing his thoughts and Mike filling in.  (love mike too)
* Him breathing heavily over the microphone when he wasn't talking.
* His passion and the nice things he said about the young kids.
* Him yelling when Billy had his dunk.

And last but certainly not least-

* When the ball rattled in the rim and Tommy rolled his tongue and made up a new word- (TP if someone can remember what word he invented)
I was laughing so hard.  Ahhh gotta love Tommy. 

the one house made? i think it was "he snuggled that one in there eh?" or somethign to that effect :)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 08:13:47 AM »

Offline tmcdon

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4

I agree with this guy.

Leave Tommy alone.

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 08:18:21 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

No Roy, they've run tests.  He literally bleeds green.   ;D

Go Tommy!!

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 08:22:13 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
I...LOVE...TOMMY!!  ;D

and whoever doesn't can kiss my butt

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 08:29:19 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
...so you'd rather listen to donny marshall?  :-\
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 08:39:52 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

Thumbs down...

Thumbs up...
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.