Author Topic: Celtics Stuff Live! Weds. night-Post Game.  (Read 878 times)

Celtics Stuff Live! Weds. night-Post Game.
« on: October 08, 2008, 06:46:39 AM »

Offline JB_Celticsstuff

• Author
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Celtics Stuff Live! Weds. night-Post Game.

As one local franchise moves into the final stages of its attempt to defend its championship, so another gets out of the gate.

Wednesday night the Boston Celtics start their preseason schedule against one of their main competitors, the Philadelphia Seventy Sixers, at UMass Amherst and Celtics Stuff Live will be on the air to share our reactions with you.

Can the Celtics blend their youth with the veteran talent as well as their Fenway neighbors? Well, I'd say they had better. Not only to overcome loss of the ultimate veteran James Posey, but as insurance against the injuries that are likely to occur to players in their thirties.

So far we've seen a practice session and scrimmage and read lots of quotes from Coach Doc Rivers, but there is nothing like real game action to get our attention and allow the mind to project the team ahead a few months and try to answer a few of the questions that have arisen.

First let me get Tony Allen out of the way. I just have no question in my mind that he will exceed the limited  role the coaches have for him and the limited expectations of the fans. He is healed and he is humbled. You can pencil him in as a candidate for the most improved player award.

How far has Leon Powe come? Has he worked on his handle and his offense in the off season? Will he be able to understand his defensive rotations to a bit greater coach calming degree?

Is a more muscled Rajon Rondo also a better decision maker going to the basket?

Is Bill Walker really this years Ryan Gomes......heady enough to play like a veteran right out of the gate?

How about the "Notorious P.O.B.?" We saw good hands, a smooth mid range jumper and we know he can block shots, but can he be made to stick his face in the middle of a scrum?

We know that Darius Miles body is healing, but will his mind come along for the ride? Did you read this ridiculous quote by Miles?

"Even though I am a veteran player," he said, "I still have to learn things. This is the first team I have ever been on that runs plays, then after the play, everybody sprints back on the other end just to run - just to get back on defense. This is the first team in eight, nine years that's done that. But once you get used to it as a routine, it gets better and better."

Running back on defense, what a novel approach to the game?

Those are the big issues in my mind.... aside from Kendrick Perkins' shoulder.

Will the fruits of Ainge's offseason labors and a general maturation of the young players we have,  get the team to banner 18?

At least we won't be forced to trade our prima donna superstar in mid season.......
We hope you will join us after the game.

If you want to participate in the show you can call our toll free number (1.866.751.9649), send us an e-mail to CSL@CelticsBlog.com, or join us in the “Pit” (the chat) during the broadcast. 

JB - "Yes Indeed!"