Author Topic: Wolves Blast Bucks in Preseason Opener  (Read 7313 times)

Wolves Blast Bucks in Preseason Opener
« on: October 07, 2008, 10:39:12 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
The Wolves opened up their preseason with an impressive 38 point win over the Milwaukee Bucks.  I'll be the first to say this means absolutely nothing.  But it is good to see solid games by Big Al, McCants, Foye, Brewer, Miller, Love, and solid jobs in support by Telfair and Craig Smith.  Bucks were without Bogut or Ridnour.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281006015

And boy, do the new Wolves unis suck, or what?

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: Wolves Blast Bucks in Preseason Opener
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 10:40:34 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Wow those uniforms look worse when actually worn.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 10:49:12 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I said several weeks ago that the Wolves would be a .500 (or better) team this year and I'll stick by that.  I realize it is only one game, but with Foye healthy, they become much better.  Also, Love is the perfect complement to Big Al.  If you double Al down low, Love will kill you from the outside.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 10:56:45 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I said several weeks ago that the Wolves would be a .500 (or better) team this year and I'll stick by that.  I realize it is only one game, but with Foye healthy, they become much better.  Also, Love is the perfect complement to Big Al.  If you double Al down low, Love will kill you from the outside.

I think Love and Al are far from perfect complements... but it could be worse.  I still don't think either is a long term center, but hopefully Al can learn.  I still love that team despite my detest for their management, from the head coach on up (except for Freddy Hoiberg... I'm pretty fond of him).

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 11:03:14 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
The Wolves opened up their preseason with an impressive 38 point win over the Milwaukee Bucks.  I'll be the first to say this means absolutely nothing.  But it is good to see solid games by Big Al, McCants, Foye, Brewer, Miller, Love, and solid jobs in support by Telfair and Craig Smith.  Bucks were without Bogut or Ridnour.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281006015

And boy, do the new Wolves unis suck, or what?

you know, those wouldn't be half bad if it wasen't for that random green trinagle trim on the hips and ribs.

if they were all blue we could call them the "wolfhawks" after kansas.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 02:41:35 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 11:35:42 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I don't think Redd will be enough to keep the Bucks from being the worst team in the league this year. Maybe i'm overrating how bad I think they are, but on paper they are truly a horrific team.

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 11:57:46 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
How does that jersey get approved?

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 12:38:41 PM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
I was actually at the game last night.  The Wolves looked great and the Bucks looked terrible.  I feel bad for any Milwaukee fan who thinnks Richard Jefferson is going to do anything for that team.  The saddest/funniest thing was that RJ delivered the pregam preseason welcome, addessing the crowd with that mouse voice he has....so awkward.

Anyway, to chime in on the uniforms, I thought they looked better until I saw that it says "wolves" on the butt.  No joke.  Not big, but big enough.

Go Big AL!
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 01:21:12 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

They could be close to a .500 team, but I still think they are a year away.  Mike Miller is a huge addition to that team, but most of the talent on the team is young and still learning -- I could see them going on a run of sorts at some point during the season, sort of the way Portland went on a run last year.  But I don't expect much more than that.  If they could put together a trade for a decent center, so Big Al could move over to PF, that would help a lot.  Problem is, of course, that Centers are hard to come by....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 02:33:21 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I said it when he played here and I will say it again.  Big Al is a Center.  He creates mismatches against every other 5 in the league, causing the double team that greases the wheels of the offense.  Even McHale knows this and went out and got a complimentory PF to play along with him.

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 04:16:08 PM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
I think Al is growing into a center.  I agree, he creates mismatches on offense, but defensively he has some work to do if he's going to body up other 5s. 

On a different note, heres some photos from the game last night.  You can see where the shorts say "wolves" on the butt in a few...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7092&l=42673&id=1318129422
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 04:25:15 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
I don't like Big Al at 5. I think he's playing 5 because the wolves do not have a legit starting or back up at center position. they never should have drafted corey brewer, what i would have done is trade down and draft joakim noah or spencer hawes, that way they could have big al play 4, have either noah or hawes at 5, gomes at 3 and OJ Mayo at 2. I think Kevin Love is a scrub.

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 04:38:53 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I think Al is growing into a center.  I agree, he creates mismatches on offense, but defensively he has some work to do if he's going to body up other 5s. 

On a different note, heres some photos from the game last night.  You can see where the shorts say "wolves" on the butt in a few...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7092&l=42673&id=1318129422

Plenty of good seats available, huh!
Yup

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 06:29:20 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Mark Madsen's stat line: 14 mins, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 4 fouls

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 06:42:01 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Mark Madsen's stat line: 14 mins, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 4 fouls

Yeah seriously, why did they start Madsen over Love?