Author Topic: 30 Teams In 30 Days: Los Angeles Clippers  (Read 1585 times)

30 Teams In 30 Days: Los Angeles Clippers
« on: October 06, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
For those unfamiliar, basically what I'm doing is making decent-sized team previews, one per day in alphabetical order. Today's featured team is the Los Angeles Clippers.

Teaser:

When you combine last season’s rebounding numbers of Marcus Camby and Chris Kaman, you come up with an average of 25.8 rebounds per game, with 19.8 of them coming from the defensive glass. If you combine the interior duo’s shot blocking numbers, you come up with an accumulative average of 6.4 blocks per game, which falls just 0.3 BPG short of tying Denver’s league leading team average in 07-08.

Those numbers speak for themselves. The psychological advantage and intimidation factor of having Camby and Kaman on the floor together should force the opposition to think twice, or even three times, before charging the basket against the Clippers.

The Clippers? Intimidating? Who’d have thunk it?

Read the Full Article Here

Coming Later Tonight: Los Angeles Lakers

Previous Entries:

30 Teams In 30 Days: Atlanta Hawks
30 Teams In 30 Days: Boston Celtics
30 Teams In 30 Days: Charlotte Bobcats
30 Teams In 30 Days: Chicago Bulls
30 Teams In 30 Days: Cleveland Cavaliers
30 Teams In 30 Days: Dallas Mavericks
30 Teams In 30 Days: Denver Nuggets
30 Teams In 30 Days: Detroit Pistons
30 Teams In 30 Days: Golden State Warriors
30 Teams In 30 Days: Houston Rockets
30 Teams In 30 Days: Indiana Pacers
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

Re: 30 Teams In 30 Days: Los Angeles Clippers
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 10:15:56 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think it's great that Eric Gordon has Baron Davis around both to help on the court, and as a teacher in helping him develop. Fantastic for Gordon.

I think the key, or biggest variable, to Clippers season will be scoring. There's a good idea of what they can bring defensively and on the backboards, but the scoring is a huge variable which could play out in a lot of different. Right now there's too much reliance on Baron Davis to both score and create in the offense, so others have to step up and help him out. The two youngsters, Gordon and Thornton, are the one's best equipped to answer the call and how they perform this season I think will decide their playoff hopes. Thornton showed good talent last year but he needs to do a better job scoring within in the flow of the offense, plus more prolific and more consistent, so he has big steps to take.

I really like Mike Taylor. He's a solid prospect, especially for a late second rounder. He's been playing very well in training camp and has caught the eye of Mike Dunleavy ... he may push Jason Hart for the primary backup point role. Long term if Taylor continues working to his strengths, and understanding what they are, he could be a real nice player in this league. Long way to go though.

DeAndre Jordan is another player who's doing well in training camp there. Depending on how they use Camby (just PF, or mix of PF and backup center), Jordan could get minutes. He was a lot further ahead in summer league than I expected him to be, plays within his limitations too which is very important .... I don't think he's that far behind of Brian Skinner, he could catch him later on in the season.