Author Topic: 30 Teams In 30 Days: Houston Rockets  (Read 1601 times)

30 Teams In 30 Days: Houston Rockets
« on: October 05, 2008, 01:14:18 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
For those unfamiliar, basically what I'm doing is making decent-sized team previews, one per day in alphabetical order. Today's featured team is the Houston Rockets.

Teaser:

Unless you firmly believe that Tracy McGrady has been struck with a curse, it seems as though the only thing that will hold this team back from doing serious damage is health. While “T-Mac” is currently battling injuries to the left knee and arthritic left shoulder (which will require surgery next summer), to go along with his ongoing back troubles, Yao has missed a total of 86 regular season games over the past three seasons.

When your perimeter star is looking as though he’ll be in need of a walking cane by age 32 and your post presence is missing an average of 28.7 games per season, you’ve got the right to be as worried as Eddy Curry when he found out his new head coach was in favor of running.

If the core of this team can find a way to stay out of street clothes on the sidelines, then Rick Adelman may have something special to work with. If not, however, I don’t blame the entire Rockets fan base for engaging themselves in emotional therapy.

Read the Full Article Here

Tomorrow: Indiana Pacers

*Note: I was unable to get an article up late the other night, hence the day-late posting of this article, but I still intend to follow up to my goal of 30 articles in 30 days. Be on the lookout for two articles to be posted on one day, at some point soon.

Previous Entries:

30 Teams In 30 Days: Atlanta Hawks
30 Teams In 30 Days: Boston Celtics
30 Teams In 30 Days: Charlotte Bobcats
30 Teams In 30 Days: Chicago Bulls
30 Teams In 30 Days: Cleveland Cavaliers
30 Teams In 30 Days: Dallas Mavericks
30 Teams In 30 Days: Denver Nuggets
30 Teams In 30 Days: Detroit Pistons
30 Teams In 30 Days: Golden State Warriors
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

Re: 30 Teams In 30 Days: Houston Rockets
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 02:00:14 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Oh crap, Artest isn't wearing #96 is he? That's going to tick me off every time I watch the Rockets.

It's important they keep Deke. I think they need that backup with good size, he helps make their bench imposing.

Championship Contender. Very impressive squad.

Re: 30 Teams In 30 Days: Houston Rockets
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 03:06:16 PM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
I don't believe that either Yao or Tracy will be healthy come playoff time. Another first round exit unfortunately, although they are championship contenders if healthy of course.