Author Topic: D. Miles question?  (Read 4735 times)

D. Miles question?
« on: October 04, 2008, 01:21:31 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I know he's suspended for 10 games, but we'll be able to see him play in the preseason still, right?  Very curious to see what he's got left  to offer.
Yup

Re: D. Miles question?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 01:23:30 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 162
  • Green 18!
Yes, he is allowed to play in the pre-season games.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 01:47:49 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Thanks.  Nice to have a simple, cut and dry thread  ;)
Yup

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 01:56:47 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 162
  • Green 18!
I'm looking forward to Wednesday.

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 02:03:15 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

As am I.  ;D

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 02:17:13 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

As am I.  ;D

Not quite as much as last year, buy yeh, I'm ready to see the guys in uni again.
Yup

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 03:21:49 PM »

Offline CLeht11

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 2
I think we're all most excited to see how the bench situation pans out.  I think we all know what to expect from the starting 5, give or take a bit from RR/Perk, but I think everyone wants to see how the bench players look - thats the biggest question mark this year.
Who said the East was the JV conference? See you next year, Mr. Bryant!

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 03:50:15 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Anyone seen a schedule of televised preseason games out there ???

I am excited and looking forward to seeing if Darius Miles has anything left. I guess my enthusiasm was a little dampened to hear that Doc and the staff had to 'encourage' him to play the other day when he was sore. I understand the whole 'coming off the inury and not wanting to push it' thing, just that it sounded almost like a 'conditioning and motivation' issue to me.

I am much more ready to see young Bill Walker play. Even though he may well end up in the D league, he is a breath of freash air from all accounts. Pierce seems to like him. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

NBA TV.traing
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 03:56:22 PM »

Offline tcelt

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
nba tv is televising celtics traing camp live at 4:30 eastern

Re: NBA TV.traing
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 04:06:56 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
nba tv is televising celtics traing camp live at 4:30 eastern

They are also showing the game Wednesday night.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 04:10:12 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Thanks. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 04:24:55 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
You always got comcast too.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 06:23:40 PM »

Offline SportsCapNative

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
  • "No one Ever Really Dies"
They're playing a scrimmage game right now and Miles looks ok. Defense is not bad, I see burst of speed and agility. Doesn't look like someone who came from season ending surgery. Overall the whole team looks good.

The Sports Capital of America

New England Patriots \\\'01 \\\'03 \\\'04 - Boston Red Sox \\\'04 \\\'07 - Boston Celtics \\\'08

I love Tony Allen!

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 10:11:50 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

but is this really fair and just? games are games, it is is patently unfair to the celtics if miles transgressed the nba rules as a trailblazer but the celtics have to pay the price.

i think stern should pro-rate pre-season games and exchange them for regular season games. for example, for every 10 minutes of pre-season game, miles' regular season reduction should be 5 minutes.

or.....

why do the celtics have to suffer for the shortcomings of portland's management by having miles suspended for celtics games? i think the celtics should be able to pick one portland player to miss a game for each game missed by miles.

or....

why not have miles miss the FINAL 10 games of his career?

or...

better yet. why not allow him to miss the 10 games by spreading the minutes out over the season? 10 games = 480 minutes, but miles doesnt play for 48 minutes! that is not fair. so, stern should only ban him from playing 7.34 minutes a game for the first half of the season! and then make up the rest by averaging the remaing minutes over the remaining games, minus the average playing time he has compiled for the first half of the season!!!

so.... let's put to rest forever all our hopes of ever a "cut and dry thread."  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 10:23:37 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

but is this really fair and just? games are games, it is is patently unfair to the celtics if miles transgressed the nba rules as a trailblazer but the celtics have to pay the price.

i think stern should pro-rate pre-season games and exchange them for regular season games. for example, for every 10 minutes of pre-season game, miles' regular season reduction should be 5 minutes.

or.....

why do the celtics have to suffer for the shortcomings of portland's management by having miles suspended for celtics games? i think the celtics should be able to pick one portland player to miss a game for each game missed by miles.

or....

why not have miles miss the FINAL 10 games of his career?

or...

better yet. why not allow him to miss the 10 games by spreading the minutes out over the season? 10 games = 480 minutes, but miles doesnt play for 48 minutes! that is not fair. so, stern should only ban him from playing 7.34 minutes a game for the first half of the season! and then make up the rest by averaging the remaing minutes over the remaining games, minus the average playing time he has compiled for the first half of the season!!!

so.... let's put to rest forever all our hopes of ever a "cut and dry thread."  ;D

bless your heart!  good stuff ;D
Yup