Author Topic: Rumor: Jamaal Tinsley traded for Steven Hunter and Chucky Atkins  (Read 9273 times)

Re: Rumor: Jamaal Tinsley traded for Steven Hunter and Chucky Atkins
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 11:49:23 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think this is a good trade for the Nuggets. Were Atkins or Hunter really going to help them out for that muchlonger? Tinsley has been a triple double threat for some time when hes playing healthy and has his head in the right place. He can dish out some major assist numbers to the offense in denver.

Re: Jamaal Tinsley traded for Steven Hunter and Chucky Atkins
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 12:10:10 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Does this mean Foster or Hunter is now on the market for cheap?

works for me (depending on how cheap)

Hmmm, interesting. I always liked Foster, and I think he would be a great pickup next offseason if he is willing to play for little money for a chance to win a ring.  But I think they hold on to Foster -- with his expiring contract and decent talent he could be a valuable trading chip in February.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 01:41:54 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
From a purely personal standpoint, I kind've see it as "garbage in, garbage out" though. 

I think *if* Tinsley stays healthy (which won't happen) he's actually a decent player.  He's a very good passer, and he can score.  The problems, of course, are his health, his attitude, his off the court problems, and his contract.  But purely in terms of talent, he's pretty good.

Big if. I'd also add the erratic play, the matador defense, the poor 3pt shooting and the lack of ability to finish around the basket. Other than that, and the other things you listed, he's good value for his contract. If I was Denver, I'd take the risk though.

re. Foster, there's no way the Pacers cut him. And I think it'll take the MLE, or close to it, to bring him to Boston next off-season. I also like him, despite of being entirely inept on offense (rebounding apart). Still, he relies a lot on jump and speed, I can see him declining quickly as he ages.

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 02:04:19 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
well, that officially kills the Steven Hunter for Powe, Scal, and Pruitt trade rumor!  YAY

Can we start the Ray Allen, Powe, Scal, and Pruitt for Dunleavy, Foster, and Hunter rumor?  It's been awhile since we had a good Ray rumor...

We had a good Ray rumor? I must have missed it among all those rotten trade proposals...

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 02:36:49 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Interesting... With AI going back to Philly next summer Tinsley offers the Nuggets a nice bridge to a developing PG...

Tinsley is a true PG who has played in some big games, and because he's set to expire the same year as Kenyon Martin I say "go for it". You can't hit the reset button until the Summer of "11" anyway.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2008, 02:51:12 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
well, that officially kills the Steven Hunter for Powe, Scal, and Pruitt trade rumor!  YAY

Can we start the Ray Allen, Powe, Scal, and Pruitt for Dunleavy, Foster, and Hunter rumor?  It's been awhile since we had a good Ray rumor...

Or how about a three-way that ships out Ray, Sam, and House for the expiring contracts of Antoine Walker and Raef LaFrentz?
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 02:58:20 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I still belive in "that guy who works for the celtics, mabey" and his integrity.

you good sir, have bismirched his honor!

have at thee! 8)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 03:37:07 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 04:20:39 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Well, it appears that the Nuggets are offering the Chucky Atkins/Stephen Hunter package around the league. IMHO the logical spot for Tinsley is Houston.

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2008, 07:55:02 AM »

Offline JS33

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 2
http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/

October 3, 2008
No Tinsley deal
Posted by Mike Wells

I've talked to a couple people - one from the Pacers camp and another from the Nuggets camp - this morning and both sides say point guard Jamaal Tinsley has not been traded to Denver for point guard Chucky Atkins and center Steven Hunter as reported by the New York Post.

The deal, if true, would have pushed the Pacers roster up to 17 players.

The Pacers have talked to the Nuggets, along with just about every other team in the NBA, about Tinsley, but they've yet to be able to come up with a deal.

-----

The source of the news was Peter Vecsey. He makes up stuff all the time. It's incredible how he still has a job. They talked, but Rex Chapman vetoed the deal. It would be a great trade to Indiana. And if I was Denver, I'd probably do it. Maybe the only team in the league that should consider a trade for Tinsley.

Vecsey does not make stuff up and Mike Wells is saying today that talks are going on.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081004/SPORTS04/810040452/1088/SPORTS04

"Embattled point guard Jamaal Tinsley remained an Indiana Pacer on Friday, but there is a "strong possibility" he could be traded to the Denver Nuggets as early as Monday, a person familiar with the situation said.

A second person confirmed trade discussions were ongoing and said the Pacers will look for another partner if it falls through.
"
I Pity the Fool !!

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 10:43:17 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
Quote from: JS33
Vecsey does not make stuff up

You've got a lot to learn, young grasshopper.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2008, 03:55:18 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/

October 3, 2008
No Tinsley deal
Posted by Mike Wells

I've talked to a couple people - one from the Pacers camp and another from the Nuggets camp - this morning and both sides say point guard Jamaal Tinsley has not been traded to Denver for point guard Chucky Atkins and center Steven Hunter as reported by the New York Post.

The deal, if true, would have pushed the Pacers roster up to 17 players.

The Pacers have talked to the Nuggets, along with just about every other team in the NBA, about Tinsley, but they've yet to be able to come up with a deal.

-----

The source of the news was Peter Vecsey. He makes up stuff all the time. It's incredible how he still has a job. They talked, but Rex Chapman vetoed the deal. It would be a great trade to Indiana. And if I was Denver, I'd probably do it. Maybe the only team in the league that should consider a trade for Tinsley.

Vecsey does not make stuff up and Mike Wells is saying today that talks are going on.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081004/SPORTS04/810040452/1088/SPORTS04

"Embattled point guard Jamaal Tinsley remained an Indiana Pacer on Friday, but there is a "strong possibility" he could be traded to the Denver Nuggets as early as Monday, a person familiar with the situation said.

A second person confirmed trade discussions were ongoing and said the Pacers will look for another partner if it falls through.
"

Yeps. I've just written a comment on Daily Babble acknowledging that now it seems the deal is going to be done:

http://www.celticsblog.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4020&Itemid=260#jc_writeComment

It looks like it was Mr. Wells who didn't check with all his sources before writing that article. I apologize to Mr. Vecsey, who, although exaggerating by calling the deal "done", was right. At least, it looks clear that something is going on. I stand corrected.

I'll stand by the statement that Vecsey makes up stuff, though.

For example:
Vecsey:
not a hard worker or on top of the league’s current events. A few months ago, before the Raptors were to play the Lakers, he addressed the team by telling them, “We’ll worry about the guy who got 81 in a second, but first I want to talk about Andrew Bynum and how he killed us last time.” A hush engulfed the locker room. “Hey, coach,” Chris Bosh interrupted. “Bynum’s been out for weeks with an injury.”
http://www.nypost.com/seven/04272008/sports/browns_next_town__108339.htm?page=0

Reality:
The drive-by on Sam Mitchell, you can read it here, was shocking not only because it’s wrong but because a purported responsible journalist cannot fabricate direct quotes and get away with it.

And that’s just what that was, an entire fabrication of a scene that never, ever took place. I spoke to half a dozen people yesterday who would have been in that room and it simply didn’t happen.
http://firedougsmith.blogspot.com/2008/04/in-journalist-math-doug-smith-peter.html

Vecsey:
“IN Jeff Van Gundy’s studied opinion, Rafer Alston was identified during last Sunday’s ABC telecast as being near peerless at the point this season, second only to Chris Paul.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/03162008/sports/van_off_point_102239.htm

Reality:
JVG: "
Alston is playing like a top 5 NBA point guard. What’s a point guard’s job? To help your team win… who’s doing that better than Rafer Alston right now? Of course he’s not better than Chris Paul or Deron Williams, but he’s PLAYING on that level right now
."