Author Topic: Bill Walker got into it a little with Garnett in practice  (Read 15485 times)

Re: Bill Walker got into it a little with Garnett in practice
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 06:12:16 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i have no problem with this. you can't play as a team if you're still awe struck by your team mates.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 06:49:07 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Walker actually has a reputation as an overly-emotional player. From http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Bill-Walker-552/

"The one major concern that arose from this past weekend’s games is something that has always been an issue when talking about Walker: his emotions. It has been well documented that Walker is a fiery competitor, but also at times very unstable with how he handles himself on the court. The specific incident that triggered this response came when a minor altercation occurred between Walker and Brian Butch of Wisconsin in which Walker was pushed to the floor by Butch. While things didn’t escalate between the two players, Walker’s demeanor clearly changed after this, often clapping wildly on defense perhaps as a means of firing himself up even more. These issues can be a reason for concern for GM’s in today’s image conscious NBA."

so...he got mad and he clapped alot more. ok.

well, to me, that sounds fine. I was expecting it to end in a "then got ejected" way.

a guy who takes everything to seriously and fires him and his teamates up after even minor precived slights... i know a guy like that...i think he wears 5, and i wouldn't change his demeanor for the world. ;)

sounds like KG...

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
He is going to be an all star is a couple of years.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 07:26:57 PM »

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84
Is there a link to this video?

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 07:35:31 PM »

Offline blazingarrow

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 45
Seems like the response on here is overwhelmingly positive. Let me play devil's advocate...

This might be the sign of a selfish, arrogant young player who will poison the locker room and cause disruptions between his team mates.

It probably isn't though. This is basketball, you're supposed to be intense.

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 07:43:49 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It looked like Walker got pushed into KG and then KG did all the talking.  I don't think this is anything major.

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 07:49:35 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
I have a friend who is a part of the C's organization, and he happened to be in Waltham when this went down. He arrived after the incident, but he said that from a reasonable distance (about 100 feet, the length of the court plus a little bit) KG looked pretty angry for a while, but as practice was ending, KG came over to Bill and gave him a good-natured tap on the arm and a rub on the head. I don't think there will be any reprocussions from this; it was just intense competition.

I was also told that Bill spent an extra 2 hours in the weight room lifting....

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really liking this preseason atmosphere.

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2008, 08:09:43 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I have a friend who is a part of the C's organization, and he happened to be in Waltham when this went down. He arrived after the incident, but he said that from a reasonable distance (about 100 feet, the length of the court plus a little bit) KG looked pretty angry for a while, but as practice was ending, KG came over to Bill and gave him a good-natured tap on the arm and a rub on the head. I don't think there will be any reprocussions from this; it was just intense competition.

You mean Newport right? 

I'm with Roy and some others here that I was clamoring for Bill Walker during the draft talking among co-workers and friends.  There are some similarities with Powe.   At one point considered a lottery pick, had 2 knee surgeries that mostly dropped their stock, 2 very bright kids, and have a reputation for being hard workers.  He is the type of kid your want to pull and root for to succeed like Powe and I think he will turn some heads in due time.   

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2008, 08:25:38 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39

You mean Newport right? 

I'm with Roy and some others here that I was clamoring for Bill Walker during the draft talking among co-workers and friends.  There are some similarities with Powe.   At one point considered a lottery pick, had 2 knee surgeries that mostly dropped their stock, 2 very bright kids, and have a reputation for being hard workers.  He is the type of kid your want to pull and root for to succeed like Powe and I think he will turn some heads in due time.   

right right sorry. TP for the correction.

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2008, 08:30:28 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

You mean Newport right? 

right right sorry. TP for the correction.

TP back at ya for knowing someone who works for the Celtics ;)

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2008, 08:35:36 PM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
bill walker can be a dangerous player and would have been easily a top 10 pick if he wasn't injury prone all his life.

Lets hope he can give us a couple of years before he hangs it up. He has athletism + vertical leap + baskatball savvy. Reminds me of another iasiah rider(hopefully a smarter version)

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2008, 09:01:56 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Roy I agree wholeheartedly... I love this Walker kid, I was pumped when we got him.

I HATED passing on CDR in favor of a punk who will be out of the league very soon (JR Giddens)

I HATED picking up Darius

I HATED losing Posey

I HATED picking up that stiff O Bryant

its not healthy hold those emotions in rickyfan, let us know what you really feel.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2008, 09:32:10 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I think this is great.  Any chance KG was steaming about it after practice?  Or would he, every vet AND the coaching staff be happy that the young guys are gonna fight for every minute and everything for that matter.  Youngster showed he isn't going to be intimidated by anyone.  Its great to have the skills of Ray Allen on your team but you also need the Leon Powes of the world.
No blounts on this team!

I am surprised KG never punched Blount

He probably tried to, but Blount couldn't "catch" the punch.  :P

Actually, I don't think KG ever had a chance to practice with Blount.

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2008, 12:52:20 PM »

Offline micah kenneth

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 9
The C's got a big dose of luck on draft night to get Bill Walker who I say is a much better player than JR Giddens over all, and more than that Walker has a bit more talent than Paul Pierce and only time will confirm my comment here.
Walker is a scoring machine at his size he's strong and quick with very good ball handling skills, a Joe Johnson type of player without the consistent jump shot, but a bit stronger than Joe Johnson.
Walker is very competitive. It will be interesting to see how he plays in the NBA because he has the type of mentality that feels he can score on anyone at anytime, so he's going to have to taper his offensive aggressiveness for the sake of team play but I'm sure at times we'll see him forget that and shock us a few times.
This team is deep at the two spot so perhaps he'll play behind Paul Pierce and Darius Miles.
Either way Walker is going to make a name for himself in the league and someone is going to wonder how he ended up a second round pick

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2008, 04:16:14 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Walker actually has a reputation as an overly-emotional player. From http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Bill-Walker-552/

"The one major concern that arose from this past weekend’s games is something that has always been an issue when talking about Walker: his emotions. It has been well documented that Walker is a fiery competitor, but also at times very unstable with how he handles himself on the court. The specific incident that triggered this response came when a minor altercation occurred between Walker and Brian Butch of Wisconsin in which Walker was pushed to the floor by Butch. While things didn’t escalate between the two players, Walker’s demeanor clearly changed after this, often clapping wildly on defense perhaps as a means of firing himself up even more. These issues can be a reason for concern for GM’s in today’s image conscious NBA."

so...he got mad and he clapped alot more. ok.

well, to me, that sounds fine. I was expecting it to end in a "then got ejected" way.

a guy who takes everything to seriously and fires him and his teamates up after even minor precived slights... i know a guy like that...i think he wears 5, and i wouldn't change his demeanor for the world. ;)

sounds like KG...

hehe, that was in fact my inference with the "wears 5" line  ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion