Author Topic: 30 Teams In 30 Days: Detroit Pistons  (Read 1659 times)

30 Teams In 30 Days: Detroit Pistons
« on: October 02, 2008, 02:19:52 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
For those unfamiliar, basically what I'm doing is making decent-sized team previews, one per day in alphabetical order. Today's featured team is the Detroit Pistons.

Teaser:

As long as Michael Curry can instill a constant level of focus and emotional control, watch out for Detroit. Everybody tends to write this team off year after year, yet they continue to show up and advance to the Conference Finals. Barring anything out of the ordinary, such as a freak accident or significant injury, expect this team to be near the top of the Eastern Conference standings throughout the regular season, and hold their ground as a threat to win the East.

Read the Full Article Here

Tomorrow: Golden State Warriors

Previous Entries:

30 Teams In 30 Days: Atlanta Hawks
30 Teams In 30 Days: Boston Celtics
30 Teams In 30 Days: Charlotte Bobcats
30 Teams In 30 Days: Chicago Bulls
30 Teams In 30 Days: Cleveland Cavaliers
30 Teams In 30 Days: Dallas Mavericks
30 Teams In 30 Days: Denver Nuggets
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:46:34 AM by CelticBalla32 »
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

Re: 30 Teams In 30 Days: Detroit Pistons
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 02:43:37 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
My feelings about Detroit are the same as last season - They're good enough to beat anyone anywhere but not good enough to win four consecutive playoff series. Not a true contender.

The Pistons best hope to turn their squad around and become a legitimate challenger is the development of their youth. Rodney Stuckey is of course the main guy but Amir, Maxiell and Afflalo could play important roles also. These guys have to make huge steps forward.

On another note, Detroit won't be starting Antonio McDyess this year. He'll return to his 6th man role to combine with Stuckey as a potent 1-2 scoring punch off the bench. The starting spot is there to be won and the early favourite is Amir Johnson ... but I think Maxiell wins it at the end of the day.

Re: 30 Teams In 30 Days: Detroit Pistons
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 02:47:46 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
I heard about that McDyess business, Who, but I also heard that the start alongside Sheed is entirely up in the air. I personally think that it'll end up being Kwame Brown, but I left it alone because it hasn't been determined.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/