Author Topic: Season Ticket Delivery Delay  (Read 4258 times)

Season Ticket Delivery Delay
« on: October 01, 2008, 06:04:03 PM »

Offline Fox40Kid

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • "This is beautiful. What is that? Velvet?"
I just got an e-mail from the Celtics saying that the season ticket delivery will be delayed.  I know some people on this site have been wondering when they were going to get their tickets, so it looks like we got an answer.

Check out the link they sent me:
http://www.nba.com/celtics/account_manager/mercury-graphics-apology103008.html
"Coach you were 24 and 58 last year, why the playoff talk?"
"Well we made a couple of key trades . . . and we got The Funk."

Re: Season Ticket Delivery Delay
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 08:21:03 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Yeah, I was pretty disappointed to receive that email today.  Always eager to get them in the mail.

Also, looks like we have to print out the tix for the two preseason games.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 08:36:12 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I wonder how long the strike will last. Good think everything can be managed online.

I bet they'll be some amazing looking tickets.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 09:49:12 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
I bet they'll be some amazing looking tickets.

Never mind how they look.  Last year, when ours came in the mail, the Fat Kid and I sat on the couch - each of us with a book of tickets - breathing deeply of their essence.  We both agreed that they smelled like CHAMPIONSHIP.  I can't wait to see how they smell this year.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 08:34:50 PM »

Offline austinceltics

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Unfortunately, I'm glad to read about this.  I am trying to buy tickets from a season ticket holder on Craig'slist Boston- and I thought he was trying to scam us!  We're coming from Austin, Texas- so really can't verify in person-  any suggestions on not being 'taken'?

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 10:25:36 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Unfortunately, I'm glad to read about this.  I am trying to buy tickets from a season ticket holder on Craig'slist Boston- and I thought he was trying to scam us!  We're coming from Austin, Texas- so really can't verify in person-  any suggestions on not being 'taken'?
If you are buying a ticket from texas, you might not want the actual ticket. You might want the ticket directly emailed from their account. All season ticket holders can forward the ticket from their account. Or maybe you should ask for both.

The advantage is that if they email the ticket from their account, they no longer have access to that ticket. If they email you a ticket, they can still forward the digital ticket, which would invalidate the printed ticket. Even if the person wasn't dishonest, they could forget they sold the game and use the digital ticket.

If you are worried about a scam, that seems the safest. Unless, of course, they fake the email and can fake the header info, as well as print fake tickets!

Also, regular season tickets aren't yet available online either. Only the preseason are available in the season ticket holders' accounts, so there is nothing to be sent yet.